c20let into a daewoo help needed

Specifications for engines, engine components, gearboxes, engineering information.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

c20letclinton

c20let into a daewoo help needed

Post by c20letclinton »

Hi new at this i have done endless conversions in the opel corsas and tigras and now thinking its time to do a daewoo lol. Any 1 shed some light on what is intailed in this.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: c20let into a daewoo help needed

Post by gse_turbo »

which chassis are you planning on?

the Lanos is identical to the Astra MK2/ Kadett E. any of the C20 motors would be a very easy swap. Z20LET is much more involved.

the other chassis would be easier to put a Z20LET or Z20LEH. the mounts are already there and it's a direct bolt in.

Garrett
c20letclinton

Post by c20letclinton »

lanos or nexia i thinking of so the gearbox mounts are the same is all i need to get is an astra big block engine mount is this correct
clint
c20letclinton

Post by c20letclinton »

oh the z2olet and z20leh are eco craps they cant take the heavy driving had a brand new vxr and melted it in less than 15,000 miles old school c20 al the way . whats the price of a c20let over there if avaliable
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

to get a C20LET in the States costs quite a lot of money, I price them from time to time but it's pretty pricey. if you're in the UK or Europe they're still pretty well available.

in the States the ecotec is all that's really available nd they're cheap. the better way to go in the States is to build with the old 8v bottom end and the Eco top. that stuff is easy to come by here. the reason for the combination is that the Ecotec bottom end sucks and it's very heavy.

anyways, you are right about the astra big block motor mount. there are a lot of options where to get it from but I have to say that I think the one I sell is the best.

so are you located somewhere around England or Ireland?