ALDL (OBD) for DAEWOO RACER

Specifications for engines, engine components, gearboxes, engineering information.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

avz

ALDL (OBD) for DAEWOO RACER

Post by avz »

Hi
i'm new here and I hope I posted at the right section. I would like to ask for your help.
I have an old (1994) Daewoo Racer car. it is equiepped with an ALDL socket (obd1) and I would like to connect to it (through an interface,of course, - I have the schematic to build one)
to a laptop and diagnose the engine. the trouble is, that I dont know which software is needed for that specific car. I found on the net some softawre but I 'm not sure that they will match.
please tell me if you know which software will do and I will be grateful for any additional information.
buddha102
Expert

Re: ALDL (OBD) for DAEWOO RACER

Post by buddha102 »

wtf ur talking about
avz

Post by avz »

Thanks for your nice response.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Yes buddha102 :chain: , no profanities here!!

Now, the OBD1. If you look here, http://www.aldlcable.com/sc/pages.asp?pageid=20 , the Freescan covers all GM (All 4 cylinder models with GM Fuel-Injection), hence it should (crossing fingers), cover the GM Racer. The main page also seems to have some tips - hope it helps.

Tom

Post by avz »

Hi GSI
thanks for your reply. I will sure give it a try as soon as I will finish the cable.
the other problem is that I have to wire a parallel socket since I can not find the original male connector for the ALDL socket.