tech specs on Aveo transmissions

Specifications for engines, engine components, gearboxes, engineering information.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

tech specs on Aveo transmissions

Post by gse_turbo »

2008 D16 SW/R (MLM) Manual transmission

2008 MODEL YEAR SUMMARY
Five speed FWD manual transmission

• Application: AVEO FAM I 1.6DOHC
• Manual T/M is carried over from MY07.

CHANGED FEATURES

GMDAT Bupyung Korea, carries over D16 manual transmission to model year 2008 AVEO from model year 2007.

The improvement for concerns which JD Power has indicated on model year 06 is reflected to shift quality.
• Shift precision device(detent pin) is added to improve shift quality.
• 1st/2nd gear synchronizer angle is changed to reduce shift effort.

OVERVIEW

The AVEO hatch back with FAM I 1.6DOHC engine uses the D16 manual T/M which is being produced in bupyeong, Korea. The RPO for this application is MLM.
This M/T is mated with FAM I engine.

The torqure capacity of D16 is 185Nm and has been applied to FAM I 1.6DOHC engine with max torque 150Nm.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

2008 Aisin 81-40LE (MLQ) Automatic Transmission

2008 MODEL YEAR SUMMARY
Aisin 81-40LE four-speed front or electronically controlled automatic Car transaxle

• Application: AVEO FAM I 1.6DOHC
• Auto Transmission is carried over from MY07.
• Cruise Up-hill Shift Pattern Added
• Economic and Up-hill Shift Pattern improvement.
• Diagnostic Protocol changed to CAN in compliance with OBD II regulation

FULL DESCRIPTIONS OF NEW OR CHANGED FEATURES

GMDAT Bupyung Korea, carries over AW81-40LE Automatic Transmission to model year 2008 AVEO from model year 2007 and will also carry over MY07 Auto Transmission into model year 2009 with Generation 3 FAM I 1.6DOHC engine.

The changed content in model year 2008 from MY 07 is only TCM software and calibration data ;
• Economic & Up-hill Shift pattern changed and Cruise Up-hill Shift pattern added
• Diagnostic Protocol changed to CAN in compliance with OBD II regulation

Economic and Up-hill Shift Pattern improvement.is added to TCM shift patterns.
• Down shift become easy by changing downshift line in Economic shift pattern.
• Delay shift in hill is improved by changing uphill shift pattern and adding cruise up-hill shift pattern.

The protocol for diagnostic is changed from KWP2000 to CAN according to OBD II regulation change.

OVERVIEW

The AVEO hatch back with FAM I 1.6DOHC engine uses the 81-40LE Auto T/M imported from Aisin AW in Japan. The RPO for this application is MLQ.
This A/T is mated with FAM I engine.

The original capacity of 81-40LE is 130Nm but has been applied to FAM I 1.6DOHC engine with max torque 150Nm after reinforcing the internal parts such as shaft, gear, housing and freewheel etc and now max the capacity is 150Nm.

All shifts except shift between 3rd and 4th gear are accomplished with one-way clutches and 3rd to 4th shift is clutch-to-clutch shift.
The 81-40LE has been applied to KALOS, GENTRA, AVEO, LACETTE in GMDAT.

The 81-40LE has TCC controlled by On/Off solenoid and has a capability to select shift patterns depending on road condition such as flat road or hill road. There is also a reverse lockout safety feature.

The 81-40LE is produced by Aisin AW in Okazaki plant Japan.