FAQ/NEWS... Cometic MLS Head Gaskets for the 1.6!

everything under this forums belongs to Holland Sport Performance, previously known as: Daft Art Performance.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

well im gonna be needin the cyl head gasket and low cmp pistons and clutch for the 2.0 leggy
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

woo_sleeper wrote:well I'm gonna be needing the cyl head gasket and low cmp pistons and clutch for the 2.0 leggy
good to hear! Pm me with your address and I will get an exact price for postage. I just priced some things to France and as long as the weight is under 50lbs (which it will be) then postage will be at or under $100.00US

so just as a rough guess the total for everything would be close to $800.00-$850.00 to your door.
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

what thickness u have for head gasket?
Do I need one for my usage? 11.0:1 compression.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I can have any thickness made but it would be easiest to check my web site to see what is available.

I think you would be best of with a 1.3mm, that is closest to OE.

I would use one of these if I where you.

Garrett
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

gse_turbo wrote:I can have any thickness made but it would be easiest to check my web site to see what is available.

I think you would be best of with a 1.3mm, that is closest to OE.

I would use one of these if I where you.

Garrett
Check with you, what benefit does this have over OE gasket since its the same thickness.
I understand that turbo user needs thicker gaskets to reduce compression ratio. But I am running high compression, I don't know whether I should use cometic gasket.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

there is a HUGE misconception about the use of MLS head gaskets in the UK, which I'm sure you've gotten a bit of the information from.

an MLS head gasket like the one from Cometic is used because it is SEVERAL times stronger than the metal and fiber OE gasket. a thicker gasket is only recommended when you have skimmed the head and block and you need to make up what was taken off. there are many people that use an MLS head gasket to lower the compression but it's not the best method and WONT give you the propper performance.

many people in the UK us 8.5: pistons and thicker head haskets because everyone else is doing it. well that combination actually DECREASES the power potential leaving the motor closer to 8.0:1.

because you are wanting to run higher compression you would need a Cometic gasket so that the added pressure doesn't blow out the realatively weak OE gasket.

Garrett