Lanos, Lemans, Optima disk conversion

everything under this forums belongs to Holland Sport Performance, previously known as: Daft Art Performance.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

I havent installed my rear disks yet but I'm using the brake lines from my Nexia. They just screw in I believe.

Might be mistake but am pretty confident they do.

I hope they do :|
SAZ
---------------------
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the caliper bracket is what you get from me, that's the only bracket neened.

the calipers use two park brakes lines, one to each side.

the ONLY place you should have plexable lines of any kind (in the back) would be from the chassis to the suspension beam. you should have hard lines run from the suspension beam to the caliper. in this case your braided lines will be fine but because of the location of the caliper compared to where the brum silinoid was you will need new hard lines from the suspension to the caliper. these can be bought at any parts store and they should be in stock very cheap.

I'm starting to get the fealing that I should offer a complete kit. I was offering the brackets alone for the lowest price but to save headaches a kit will be the way to go. perhaps I will offer both.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

:? actually, you may be able to use the lines that are there and gentl bend them back, I replaced mine without trying.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Yeah I'm 99% sure my friend done that and he was using brakes from a v6 Cavalier, the one size up from the GTE disks. 285? or bigger i think. The ones that come with a 5 stud hub.
SAZ
---------------------
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Pir0 wrote:I havent installed my rear disks yet but I'm using the brake lines from my Nexia. They just screw in I believe.

Might be mistake but am pretty confident they do.

I hope they do :|
So for this conversion I also need brake lines? Which part are you referring to. The hard lines around the suspension or from the engine bay back? I’ve never had drums so I’m clueless.
Pir0 wrote:Yeah I'm 99% sure my friend done that and he was using brakes from a v6 Cavalier, the one size up from the GTE disks. 285? or bigger i think. The ones that come with a 5 stud hub.
Have any other info on this?

What size does he have in the front?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

His fronts [used to be] are 280mm. His rears were the same as mine, not sure what size they are in all honesty. They're the same as the ones from a Lemans with rear disks.

He did use his existing brake lines in the front, aswell as the back. They needed a little bit of adjustment but it worked fine.

I've got my rear disks in now and i wish i hadda took a pic of before i changed them. But i didnt, i'll post a pic of my rear disks if you need it.. :Smt023
SAZ
---------------------
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I'm trying to work on an updated version of the conversion that uses the OE wheel hub and bearing, I just need someone to help me measure up their track width.

Garrett