Daft Art Engineering

everything under this forums belongs to Holland Sport Performance, previously known as: Daft Art Performance.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

NEW name selections... What do you like?

Holland Performance
33%
Holland Autosport
33%
Holland Sport (Holland Sport Performance)
33%
Gary Holland Performance
No votes
Holland Racing
No votes

Total votes: 6

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Holand or Holland.... not a huge difference both sound decent.

as far as performance vs motorsports vs autosport...... I like the first two... not so much on the autosport

When I hear the word autosport.... for some reason I think about a race team more than a performance orientated company.

Of course there is the world famous Unique Autosport who have their own TV show.... but they never seem to do anything but put on new rims, change the interior and add stereo stuff.... rarely do they do anything with the engine.

One other name might be Holand Racing Products.... it abbreviates nicely to HRP which sounds decent unlike my PBS
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

I like gary holand performance...

and then people talking about your company will automatically shorten it to holand perf. or just gary holand

the full name sounds more formal and therefore professional to me
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

or they will even shorten it down to holand's

"hey joe, you seen Holand's new race engine?"
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

:D thanks for the input guys!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Or if you want to add some brit to it.... Holand Performance Specialties LLC

I don't know why but seems British to me (and yes... I'm a 2nd Gen Brit mixed with Scot and Prussian...... yes.... Prussia..... as in what is now north east Poland/Russia )
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Or if you want to add some brit to it.... Holand Performance Specialties LLC

I don't know why but seems British to me (and yes... I'm a 2nd Gen Brit mixed with Scot and Prussian...... yes.... Prussia..... as in what is now north east Poland/Russia )
maybe Holand's Cup of Tea Performance Company :D

lol love brits especially there accent (mr. bean, "oo teddy" lol)

Im still for that Holand Performance.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that things have gone pretty far south. everything has dropped off bad and i will have to stop all sells until I can pick up a job and get things going again.

if anyone has things they have ordered i will be sure to get them out as soon as possible. I have yet to talk to him but I will likely talk to Danny about taking and filling that i can't do for the time being. I'll ask that Danny posts a message about it but all items that would be normally ordered though me will likely have to go through Danny.

I wont be on line for a while either but I will be back as soon as I can.

good luck to everyone, hope to be back soon.

Garrett

ps. if there are orders that I have forgotten or if someone needs to get ahold of me the phone number from the website, 719.821.2586, is still good.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

One word sums up my feelings......... WTF ????

I won't get into if further, but I'm definitely disappointed.

Well at least I didn't have any ongoing projects like I did with Kenny (Audacity Racing ).
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Yah..... how did this happen so suddenly? Just a few days ago you were talking about the new products (those brackets), and now everything has dropped off? Would you be kind enough to explain a bit more?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Lamborgini112

Post by Lamborgini112 »

????????? :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :(
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

simple enough, i'm too kind and don't mark up items more than 10-15%. there is no way to make a profit this way.

i wont be gone for good only a couple month. once things get back on track everything will resume with better service and more items.

the down side is that all products will be marked up 15-20% from previously posted.

as for how sudden it happened, it's been slowly happening for several months. I have done my best to not make it apparent, however I'm sure anyone thathas ordered recently has noticed that orders have taken more time to be shipped out. this was because no pofit was being made and I was having to pay for many things out of my personal account instead of from that of the business.

I'd rather not get into details at the moment but suffice it to say the issues at home have helped to bring things to there current situation.

Garrett
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

:smt022 No sympathy here.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
aussiegman

Post by aussiegman »

That's a bit harsh. Under the current economic circumstances, many businesses have gone under all over. Garrett has tried to keep his running as long as possible, even funding things from his own pocket!!! He has committed to supply those orders he has and to come back as soon as possible bigger and better than before.

I wish Garrett all the best an hope that things work out for him. He has been nothing but 100% honest and helpful in my dealings with him, which have been done from either Hong Kong or Sydney Australia to Colorado.

Mate, I hope to see you back up and running as soon as possible mate....
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

All of my dealings with Garrett have been positive, he always did his best to try to make sure I had the right parts at great prices. I hope he will recover and be back soon!
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

aussiegman wrote:That's a bit harsh.
That's a personal dig related to a recent offer I gave him.

I offered him $10K worth of fabrication work and he didn't even have the business sense to be polite and say "thanks, but that's not something I am not interested in doing right now"

He simply ignored me, which is perhaps one of the most insulting thing to do when negotiating a business venture.

Was the project I gave him an exciting one?

No... it was one of the worst ones I can think of... It's the one I hate doing the most..... but it was a test to see what he'd be willing to do.

If he had come back and asked for something different I would have given him something else to do.

So is it harsh..... yes.... it was meant to be.... I can't stand people that piss and moan about things

I simply have zero sympathy for business related excuses like the one he gave.

Was he a good guy to deal with???

He was ok.... I asked him to bill me for a clutch for the F28 and he forgot about it.

The fabricated parts I bought off him were mediocre in quality and overpriced in my opinion.

Am I sad to see him go away like Audacityracing (who also blamed family issues for his dropping off the face of the earth ) ?

Disappointed maybe... but not sad.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos