Fidanza Flywheel

everything under this forums belongs to Holland Sport Performance, previously known as: Daft Art Performance.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Fidanza Flywheel

Post by gse_turbo »

well after several months of R&D I have a few of the finished product!

say hello to the only aftermarket flywheel for the Opel 8v and 95-current Iron Ecotec as well as all of the small block motors west of the Atlantic Ocean!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

the clutch kit picured is our 4-puck kevlar disc and 1500lb cover plate (300lb over stock).
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

the price is still being decided on, because the flywheels are a one-off they are a bit more expensive than a similar redtop flywheel we can get from Fidanza. right now I'm thinking the price will be about $495 but the end price may be more like $540 ...however the Clutch kit sells for $350+postage ;)

I'll get more accurate measurements asap (down to the ounce) but our prelim weighing has this aluminum flywheel at.... 7lbs! :shock: as a compareison, my stock "flat flywheel" (.080" step), after having 2.5lbs cut out of it weights 12lbs. I don't have the exact weight of a stock pot style flywheel but if I had to guess I'd say you are looking at around 20-25lbs.

I have three right now, I'll be using one on my lemans and one is going to Canada to be used in a C20GET. that leaves one that's up for grabs for now but more are on the way
Last edited by gse_turbo on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

once the price is set on the flywheel we will be offering them as complete kit with flywheel, clutch kit and ARP flywheel bolts. the kits we will offer will have the option of a 4 or 6 puck kevlar or ceramic discs and 1500lbs pressure plate (and a 1700lbs if we can get that finished up).

Garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

:? I'm surprised more people haven't been interested in the flywheel or clutch kit.
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

The diference betwen factory one and this aftermarket are only 7lbs?
I have a lanos 1.6 and put on it a lanos 1.5 flywheel are the same diference of weight or a little bit more 5-10lbs of diference and are to cheap...
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

not exactly, this aluminum pot style flywheel is 7lbs tha factory cast pot flywheel is over 20lbs, there is a difference of over 13lbs.

Garrett
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

I definately want the flywheel but it wont be for a couple of weeks and you said the price would be $495
2.0 engine swap in the works
mohnjanning

Re: Fidanza Flywheel

Post by mohnjanning »

man, if you had one for the d-tec 2.0, i would be all over it. the motor takes forever to come down after you let off the throttle. if you know of anyone who does manufacture a lightened flywheel, or clutch kit for the d-tec. let me know.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

thanks for posting on the thread, I actually manufacture a few different race clutches for the motor and I has fidanza manufacture light flywheels.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

let me know when have a final price....
ImageImage