Wheel stud conversions

everything under this forums belongs to Holland Sport Performance, previously known as: Daft Art Performance.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Wheel stud conversions

Post by gse_turbo »

I've got another product that I'll be putting out and I think you you'll like it.

I'll be having wheel stud conversions made for the lanos, lemans and any other car with bolts instead of studs. anyone who's had there wheels off and on enough knows what a pain in the ass not having studs can be.

I'll be selling them in packs of 8, so a lanos or lemans (or VW) would need two sets, someone with the Saturn rear disc conversion I offer will only need one set. these will match the pattern of the Saturen wheel hub and will be included in future conversion kits at an added price.

the set of 8 will be $30 and that may or may not include shipping.

Garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

what should be noted is that these are not standard press fit studs, these are a double-ended stud.

unlike useing a press fit stud the wheel hub dose not have to be removed, there are no modifications needed and there is no damage to the threads in the hub like there would be if using a typical pressed in wheel studs.

Garrett
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Saturn rear-disk conversion?

News to me!

How much?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

:D here check this out CLICK HERE
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Cool product! Altho I already have studs, but I know first hand how annoying wheel bolts are. My shop hates putting cars on the dyno with wheel bolts lol.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

iv ebeen thinking about getting these things for a while, i heard they liketo come loose easy, has any one on here ever used them? id like to know how well they stay tightened. if they are good ill get some one day....

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

those are good question...

the diference between these and a regular stud (one not specifically made for a wheel stud) is that there is no "possative lock". this is the where the stud is not threaded that locks up to the hub once they are tight. most double ended stud this size use whats called an "under cut" shank where the non-threaded section is smaller than the threaded. another unique feture is the allen socket on the top to allow them to be tightened and actually torqued down.

another technique I would suggest but is not required is using a flat chissle and hammer to cut a groove in the threads closest to the shank making a locking section. anarobic sealer or thread lock is another option.

once I get these done I'll post pics and go over some of the tips listed. because my lemans is not together I'll be using a set of these on my jetta which uses the same design.

Garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

OK I had several set made ad I have to say that this is probably my favorate upgrade. This is the simplest upgrade possible and it makes a world of difference in swapping wheel.

Garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

The price is set at $30 including shipping inside the US
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

is there any chance that i can get a a pic ofthe studs not installed in a hub

(sorry for pulling a old thread up)

thanks garrett!

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

ya that shouldn't be an issue, give me a day or so and I'l have them up

cheers
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

gse_turbo wrote:ya that shouldn't be an issue, give me a day or so and I'l have them up

cheers

cool thanks!