Foernza, Lacetti, Reno Product Development

everything under this forums belongs to Holland Sport Performance, previously known as: Daft Art Performance.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Foernza, Lacetti, Reno Product Development

Post by gse_turbo »

It's been a while since there was something to announce...

Not too long ago I bought a Forenza specifically to test fit and develop products for the Foernza, Lacetti, Reno. In the past it has taken a long time to to get any type of chassis product out (If at all). Hopefully this will change that.

I'm looking for solid commitment and interest in products from these customers. so far several people have requested parts and just about all of them are done or in the works. so far...

- Braided Stainless Brake Hoses are complete and available now. Previously I had only offerend the front, now all four are available. Really good feedback has been given from this kit. $240 shipped in anywhere in the US, a little extra for other countries.
- Braided Stanless Clutch-slave Hose. None in use yet. $75 shipped in anywhere in the US, a little extra for other countries.
- 4-1 Stanless Header and High-Flow Cat are in the works. a really great design has been developed it just needs to be completed.
- Turbo kit has been in the works for a while. the chassis doesn't lend itself to a simple bolt in turbo kit so a lot of design will be thought out to make it as simple as possible.

I'm hoping to get a lot of good interest and commitment for new products in order to make the efforts well worth it.

Thanks,
Garrett
exist3nce
Expert

Re: Foernza, Lacetti, Reno Product Development

Post by exist3nce »

This is good to hear... :) While I may have my IS300 project for big power now, my Optra is still boosted and being driven several days a week. Its nice to hop back and forth between two very different chasis and drivetrains. My setup now with the quick spooling CT12 lends itself nicely to a small/tight track, which would really be alot of fun if I get a chance to take it this year. Just started a new job, so time is crunched now.

I'd be interested to know the details of what you are planning for the turbo kits?

Is your online store current with your offerings?

Anyways I just wanted to say that I'm still around and watching for new and innovative parts. I don't have any specific requests at this time but I hope others will !
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

hopefully you will have some time to make it to the track this year. I've been thinking about doing the rear suspension brace that Kinky started to make as well as a few others. That would be what I'd start with but stonger adjustable suspension links would be nice as well.

The site unfortunately is not up to date. I' haven't had time to spend on it and it needs a lot of time spent on it. I hardly have any products up and most of the content links are down.

as for the turbo systems, I have a two builds lined up. one for the forenza and one for my 2.0 Lanos project. mine will be a top-mount tube manifold design and the Forenza customer will be a traditional low-mount turbo manifold.
another option is the cast manifold that Kinky was selling, the manifold is pretty inexpensive but I just don't like the layout.
I'm also considering a log-manifold as a low cost option that would use the same setup as a tubular manifold for a later upgrade. it would be a budget friendly option to get started.

the intercooler kit is looking good. I'm working on making sure the piping is as short as possible. the piping should be able to be done in one unwelded section.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Sounds good... Any mockup or progress pics you can share ?

Also I'm curious what are you providing for managent and / or fuel upgrades ? Stock injectors max out around 140-150whp on boosted applications. Also with the returnless fuel system boost pressure is limited to about 10psi before the injector spray pattern would turn to crap.

What are the intended power goals of the kits ?

Lol alot of questions I know, but I'm interested to see how you will approach this :)
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

very good questions.

I'm in the works for the a pretty inovative fuel pump system for boosted cars of all type but I have to keep a lid on it for now. there willhave to be some solution for the returnless fuel sending unit. I'm going to compare the Forenza setup with the Nubira and lanos to see if a drop-in setup is possible.

as for the injectors, I haven't really thought much about it yet. I have apretty good source for rebuilt and flow matched injectors (cost affective). I'll have to cross that bridge soon I suppose.

the car that I'm building a turbo sytem for will be on AEM FIC. I have a plan though to try the Cruze 1.6T ECU and wiring harness with an HP Tuners ECU Flash. that would basically open the factory (Cruze) ECU to the point of a stand-alone EMS.

no pictures yet, well accept of the brake hoses. I have to get them all edited up and ready for the site.I'll post some pics as soon as I can.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I don't know if your interested, I have the old willwood big brake kit that was on Danny's Forenza, it's a mix and match of various willwood parts.

I thought you might be interested because it's already been modified for and used on a Forenza on the race track, so it would make it easy for you to offer a Forenza/Reno/Optra race brake kit by ordering the mixture of parts and drilling out the aluminum hats

I posted a picture in the test forum for someone who was interested, they don't want to upgrade to a larger wheel from the current 15" rims, so they ended up backing out of the deal.

here is a picture:

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=14762
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I saw that in the test topics. I thought they might be up for sle. I think the guy in Venasuala might be interested. what are you looking to get for them?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Was any work ever done on strut braces?

I've read a few post about them...
Haven't seen any type of confirmation though..

And I know I'm reviving some old posts but, ID like to get my project started. I just can't seem to find anyone who can produce what I'm looking for..