A/C & Heating/vents control is busted, what to do?

Here you will find general facts about Daewoo Vehicles

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

LanosACT

A/C & Heating/vents control is busted, what to do?

Post by LanosACT »

Hi Guys, (first post, great forum)

Recently my A/C and heating (Lanos 02) has only been coming out of the vents along the dash, and when I turn the dial to change he direction (say to the windscreen), it just keeps coming out of the dash vents.

Has anyone else faced the same problem, and if so did you fix the problem??

Thanks for your help in advance.
Cheers! Evan
Midnight Blue Lanos Sports (02)
Lowered 5" rear and 4" front
CAI
17" Sparco Racing wheels
Race Exhaust
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

If you look behind your heating controls you'll notice a bunch of lines attached to the back with some plastic parts. What has probably happened to you (and has happened to a lot of us) is the plastic holders for those lines has broken. You can attempt to fix it with epoxy or zip ties.

If you don't wish to pull the dash and just want to manually switch it to the windshield, look under the dash along the center console from the driver's side. There is a white/ivory thing down there. It will swivel forward towards the firewall or back towards the interior of the car. That is the control for directing the airflow. So you can at least redirect the air to where you want until you decide how you will fix the control lines.
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Yes very very common problem now I am going to ask where could I (we) get those replacement plastic clips for those lines? (mine were clear colored)
LanosACT

Post by LanosACT »

Thanks JC, I moved the ivory 'thing' and it worked, now just to pull apart the dash and have a look.
Cheers! Evan
Midnight Blue Lanos Sports (02)
Lowered 5" rear and 4" front
CAI
17" Sparco Racing wheels
Race Exhaust
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the problem is they always tend to break so you will keep on getting new ones - if you did find them - for me i keep on glueing them and be very careful while i mess arround them.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
dpwlt

Post by dpwlt »

Hi all.

First of all a big thanx for all the help so far. This is my first post as so far all my questions have been
answered before I needed to post.

I Have a '99 1.4 Lanos SE, RHD, no mods.

I have the same problem with the air flow selector and after following steps from this site have discovered
that the white/ivory plastic part under the drivers side is at fault. For some reason the cable loosens with
the switch but the plastic 'hinge' sticks. I am planning to add a spring to the part to aid the movement process.
I have included a picture of what I plan to do and will update the pics when the mod is done. Hopefully this
will fix the problem. On the pic I plan to add a spring to the part marked with a red X.

Image[/img]
Gasp for air as the barrage of cruelty smacks you with the ultimate pain of salvation
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

got pics for the busted part, you can see the plastic bit got separated from the golden metal ring:

this is how it should look when it is OK or when you reglue them to fix the problem:

basicly you got 3 knobs thus 3 control wires and 6 ends that are a suspect for breaking

3 ends are at the control board (knobs) and the others are:

at the recycle door behind the glove box
at the driver's right foot (air exit control)
haven't lokked at the third one yet

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267