where is cam position sensor?

Here you will find general facts about Daewoo Vehicles

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

buddha102
Expert

where is cam position sensor?

Post by buddha102 »

In daewoo Lanos hatchback 1.6L DOHC, Cause i took my car to AutoZone and they checked my computer cause my check light come on and my car started running at high RPMs in a place, then it will stop and it will start again....

Thanks in advance! ;)
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

If your engine has a camshaft sensor (unlike mine DOHC) you should view it's connector in place of yellow circle. To acces the sensor you have to remove the upper distribution belt cover.
What error code said AutoZone?

Daniel

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Troubleshooting PO342

"The PCM has determined that the voltage signal from camshaft position sensor "A" is too low for the current engine operating conditions."
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

Is posible the sensor are bad, disconected or a cable can be bad. Check all the conections if you have a multimeter check the cables.
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Also check if your Lanos is concerned by this recall: http://www.automotive.com/2001/49/daewo ... 47320.html .

Daniel
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Also check to see if your batteries ok. Try someone elses.
SAZ
---------------------
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Is possible the sensor are bad, disconnected or a cable can be bad. Check all the connections if you have a multimeter check the cables.
I will try it in weekend, I dont want to mess up my car, or i will be walking to school for rest of the week :)
Also check if your Lanos is concerned by this recall: http://www.automotive.com/2001/49/daewo ... 47320.html .
There is none (white smoke), the check light comes on when ever feels like it :lol: . Even when check light is on, the engine preforms the same....
Also check to see if your batteries ok. Try someone elses.
I might go to junk yard and steal it :evil: :badgrin: (i hope it works lol)
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Is it there somewhere?

:?

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

ok this is not the best illustrative pic but it is what i got... this is how the sensor looks:

and on the engine it is is behind the cam gears as per the red marking:

its socket is accessable from the top side of the engine on the left of spark plug #1:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

thanks very much! :D
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

can any1 tell me y is my car running on high RPM when i start it, even when im driving? does it do with cam sensor or is it another sensor? (bloody daewoo :evil: ) :badgrin:
wessock
Junior

Post by wessock »

I'm having the same damn problem in my 2000 lanos. CEL keeps sporadically popping on throwing the PO342 code. Took it to the daewoo dealer and they did the factory recall replacement of the sensor, so they said anyway. It's still throwing the code randomly though and the car still seems to idle high when I start it for 5 mins or so, and then lowers to normal levels. Not really high, but higher than normal. Everything else seems fine though. It drives normal, all electronics seem normal, gas mileage is normal, no other codes showing. The CLE will come on randomly on the highway, stopped at a light, there is no noticeable trigger suggesting a loose wire or anything. Sometimes it stays for a few ignition cycles, sometimes it's gone the next time I start the car. Given the age and value of the car it's not something I want to put money into paying a mechanic to dig around finding the answer since it's driving fine, but it's annoying as hell and might be a sign of something else. Anybody have any ideas? Assuming the dealer did replace the sensor like they were supposed to, it would have to be a problem they wouldn't notice or have fixed when they changed it.
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

dealer is bs, they charge you a lot $$$ for something simple. I like there cars but the electrical system is very damn poor. It is same with me also man, ur not the only 1.... i kinda feel piss off about it cause it doesint give any signs of "wrongness" when u drive... :?
wessock
Junior

Post by wessock »

I'm not sure if it's related, but now the car has decided to lose power when I go to start it sometimes. It will run fine and I park the car where ever my destination is, 5 mins or 10 hours later, randomly it won't start. The car has power when I get in and stick the key in the ignition, then when I go to turn the key, I hear a faint click and the power is lost. The engine doesn't attempt to turn, it's instantaneous power loss. The first time, thinking the battery had died, I went to jump it, but as soon as I touched the negative battery cable with my hand, I had power again. This has happened maybe 5 times in the past few days. Now, I barely have to touch the negative cable, it doesn't move or anything and the power is back. Could this be a grounding issue? Today I cleaned all of the connectors and the ground connection right by the battery. The car hasn't lost power again yet, but I've only been able to start it a few times for the idle learn procedure so I'm not sure if it's fixed. But while letting the car warm up for the ILP, the damn CLE came on again for the PO342 code! Could this all be related and does anybody have any ideas. The car cranks and starts right away so I don't think it's a weak battery. I can turn everything electric in the car on full and the car still runs fine so I think the alternator is ok too.
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

i dont think thats related to this thread, it might be a power lose or something maybe an altenator idk