Auto Meter Gauge Company.

Had a good or bad experience with a member? Post it in here!

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Auto Meter Gauge Company.

Post by BosnianLanos »

Shameless company plug...

I'm sure most of you already know of Auto Meter and maybe even use their products. I was told that their products are excellent and high quality. So, when an Auto Meter Tachometer that I was looking at came on Ebay. Well, the final price after shipping came to something like $19.53, a margin of the real price of something like $60.00. Well, the seller didn't include brackets for the tach and I really didn't want to hack up a nice tach, so I sent Auto Meter an e-mail asking if they have individual brackets for sale to the public. I was excecting them to say "No", or ask why I bought it used or that it cost a lot, but I got an e-mail back today that said they would sent me a mounting bracket FREE OF CHARGE, no questions asked, no shipping cost, no nothing. A pleasant surprise. So, if you guys need gauges, be sure to give Auto Meter a look cause I was really impressed with their customer service and response.

Now, some of you may ask, "What a Tach on an Automatic Lanos?", well, your guess is as good as mine :roll: .
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I've been using Autometer for a while now, and it's great. Originally I had a tach made by AutoGauge (which sucked), so I switched to Autometer and I love it. :D

*just came back from vacation by the way* :lol: :lol:
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

Autoguage is a brand of autometer
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

richardmatalon wrote:Autoguage is a brand of autometer
Maybe autometer owns autogauge, but it's 2 different companies (I thought). Because autogauge is nowhere near autometer quality-wise.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Auto-Gage (not gauge) is a class of AutoMeter gauges, it is their bottom of the line gauge set, but it still has Autometer workings so if it is what you are talking about, I'm sure it should have worked fine.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I'm glad you cleared it up... it was AutoGauge (not Gage). So it was crappy. Autometer on the other hand is GREAT!