Cox Import.com

Had a good or bad experience with a member? Post it in here!

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daftmajin
Expert

Cox Import.com

Post by daftmajin »

DO NOT DO BUSINESS AT COXIMPORT.COM! I ordered my struts and shocks from them and waited without any tracking information for 2 weeks. Finally called them to find out what the deal was and they said that their computers were down, so I gave them my name and number to contact me back at. A couple of hours later I get a call from a man who works for Cox Import and he said he was the owner of the company. The "owner" then told me that "an unfortunate thing had happend to my order"... they lost it. He then gave me this story about how his company has a great reputation and that "things like this never happen." He assured me that they would "duplicate" the order and send it immediatley. About three days later a box comes with KYB GR2 struts, KYB strut boots, and KYB GR2 shocks. I ordered KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (which are alot better and more expensive than the GR2s) and they don't even tell me that they were out of them, so they just throw in some lower class shocks and don't even acknowledge the price difference. Right after noticing the order was wrong I called Cox Import to get the scoop. I end up finding out that when they "duplicated" my order they changed the shocks I ordered to some cheaper ones without telling me. So they give the phone to the owner and he starts giving me an attitude stating that they weren't trying to "switch and bait me" and that shocks I originally ordered were "super-ceeded." I then call Performance Center.com and ask them if they have KYB Gas-A-Just shocks for my car and they say yes. "Are you sure its Gas-A-Just not GR2" I asked and he said "let me call KYB right now just to double check for you." He clicks back over to me after speaking to KYB and says that KYB Gas-A-Just are available for the Daewoo Lanos and they have not been super-ceeded.

There you have it. Cox Import bad, Performance Center good.
Last edited by daftmajin on Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

COX in front of import says it all lol
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I ordered mine from there and got them in about a week. I had no problems with my transaction with them.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com