Horrible review for Efrain A.

Had a good or bad experience with a member? Post it in here!

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Horrible review for Efrain A.

Post by kinkyllama »

I had Efrain build www.kinkymotorsports.com and it’s been almost a year with only half the work done (at best). He originally said it would only take 2-3 weeks to complete. I gave Efrain $300 up front (half for the work plus one year domain name). He received that payment July 27th 2007. Due to money problems Efrain was having since he didn’t have a job at the time his phone line got cut off. I offered sending the second half of the payment for building my website to help him out and get my site done quicker. I sent another $200 on August 28th 2007.

I’ve given him several chances to hand over everything needed for me to have someone else do the work and refund me for the work he didn’t do. Each time he said not to worry and the website would be finished in a couple weeks. I can’t even begin to say how many times I’ve heard this when I’ve asked him what the hells taking so long. My business email still doesn’t even fully work. Currently only about half my products are on the site, of those half only half have the pictures, and there are tons of errors throughout the site. Also, the check out shopping cart doesn’t work. I get emails weekly by people saying they’ve been keeping an eye on my site to purchase something but get tired of waiting for it to be complete. I can’t even imagine how much business this has lost me and how many people don’t even bother emailing me.

At this point he is no longer responding to my emails even though he has made a few posts on the forums after I sent some of the emails or PMs. Although I have no official contract for this I’m in the process of taking legal action.

I hate to have to do this review on probably one of the respected board members but I should have done this over 6 months ago.

Danny
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

That sucks man, I feel bad for ya. You still have all the content that you sent him right ? Hopefully someone else can still pick up where he left off. You seem to have really terrible luck, first with ur car, and now this....
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

ive heard the same kinda story before about other freelance webdesigners.

i wish i could help you out with this one... but im useless when it comes to having to do website backend stuff. other than that i can do nice front end for websites - which seems to be an obsolete skill these days.

best of luck mate!
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Shit dude, didn't see this coming... isn't Efrain the mod/owner of Daewootech? I would expect more.

However, a friend of mine is very good with web design, he's self-employed (well...currently unemployed, LOL) but if you're interested, I could forward you his e-mail or phone number and you guys could hammer out some sort of deal. He doesn't charge much at all, and he's very good and proficient at what he does. His work is top-notch. I'm sure that he could work out the kinks in Efrain's work and get the website fully operational ASAP. Let me know if you'd like him to help.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

exist3nce wrote:That sucks man, I feel bad for ya. You still have all the content that you sent him right ? Hopefully someone else can still pick up where he left off. You seem to have really terrible luck, first with ur car, and now this....
Yep I do. Yeah I have had horrible luck lately. This and the car isn't even half of it compared to shit that has been going on at home at whatnot. Things will turn around though, eventually.

BosnianLanos wrote:Shit dude, didn't see this coming... isn't Efrain the mod/owner of Daewootech? I would expect more.

However, a friend of mine is very good with web design, he's self-employed (well...currently unemployed, LOL) but if you're interested, I could forward you his e-mail or phone number and you guys could hammer out some sort of deal. He doesn't charge much at all, and he's very good and proficient at what he does. His work is top-notch. I'm sure that he could work out the kinks in Efrain's work and get the website fully operational ASAP. Let me know if you'd like him to help.
Yeah he is, which is why I put so much trust into him.

Maybe, I'll PM you if I'm interested. I don't even have the info to change the website and who knows when Efrain will actually reply to my msgs. Thanks for the offer
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

http://www.ic3.gov/

Internet Crime Complaint Center

Fill out your info and his, send it off to the organization. Within a week or two, they will contact his local governmental organization or police service and they will contact him via letter asking him to explain his side of the story. If he doesn't respond within a week of the delivery a warrant MAY be issued for his arrest (but I highly doubt it would happen so soon). If he does respond, you will be sent a copy of the letter. An investigation (short maybe a week or so) will be conducted into the fraud, and the police will contact him urging him to repay the fees he owes you. Should he not do this (or contact you to set up some sort of payment plan), criminal charges will be filed. If everything is agreed upon, then no charges will be filed and his name will be kept clean.

It is a roundabout way to do it, but it almost always works. Going through the local police will just warrant a "So?". If you paid him through Paypal, you can also file a claim through them.

I'm not trying to flame Efrain, I always thought he was a great guy, but I've been defrauded in a similar fashion and it SUCKS.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Hey Guys,
I am a web developer by trade and can honestly say that $500 doesn't really get you very far when it comes to building a website.

From the looks of the site he did put a good bit of time into it.

For the sites that I do, a quote for 2-3 weeks would be $10-$15K easily.

So keep in mind that he probably did this at a huge rebate to you. Now I'm not saying that he shouldn't keep his word.

My suggestions:
Make a list of the unfinished/missing pages/functionality
Get a quote from another firm to complete the above list
Send him the list and the quote requesting that he pay for the unfinished/missing work

If nothing else comes of this, at least you'll know how much it'll cost to have it completed.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

BosnianLanos wrote:http://www.ic3.gov/

Internet Crime Complaint Center

Fill out your info and his, send it off to the organization. Within a week or two, they will contact his local governmental organization or police service and they will contact him via letter asking him to explain his side of the story. If he doesn't respond within a week of the delivery a warrant MAY be issued for his arrest (but I highly doubt it would happen so soon). If he does respond, you will be sent a copy of the letter. An investigation (short maybe a week or so) will be conducted into the fraud, and the police will contact him urging him to repay the fees he owes you. Should he not do this (or contact you to set up some sort of payment plan), criminal charges will be filed. If everything is agreed upon, then no charges will be filed and his name will be kept clean.

It is a roundabout way to do it, but it almost always works. Going through the local police will just warrant a "So?". If you paid him through Paypal, you can also file a claim through them.

I'm not trying to flame Efrain, I always thought he was a great guy, but I've been defrauded in a similar fashion and it SUCKS.
Thank you. I've used them once before and it worked great. After I filed everything I got a call from a detection within three days from the living room of the guy that ripped me off.
daewooluvr wrote:Hey Guys,
I am a web developer by trade and can honestly say that $500 doesn't really get you very far when it comes to building a website.

From the looks of the site he did put a good bit of time into it.

For the sites that I do, a quote for 2-3 weeks would be $10-$15K easily.

So keep in mind that he probably did this at a huge rebate to you. Now I'm not saying that he shouldn't keep his word.

My suggestions:
Make a list of the unfinished/missing pages/functionality
Get a quote from another firm to complete the above list
Send him the list and the quote requesting that he pay for the unfinished/missing work

If nothing else comes of this, at least you'll know how much it'll cost to have it completed.
$500 maybe cheap but I was qouted right around this by 3 others, two of which couldn't get started for nearly a month and the third I didn't like cuz I thought he was a jerk
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
zutrix

Post by zutrix »

Kinky any help do you need i will help you with the site.
don't worry with money we can arrange that in a other way.

you can see one off mine works here.

Its largest Newspaper site off Aruba
www.diario-aruba.com

I help only daewoo lovers :P
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Fucking fantastic, the site has been suspended which includes my email
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

lets hope daweootech doesnt follow shortly.....

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lets hope not :(

Sorry to hear about that Danny
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

efrain is on msn messanger all of the time e_arais@hotmail.com. try to contact him on there

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Hi everyone, ive been off daewootech for about 3 weeks.

i know about this post because Jason (existense) asked me about my "version of the history" trough MSN Messenger and my reply was "about what?" he tells me about this tread. im telling you guys the same thing i told him, im not making any excuses about it. im just gonna finish this to close this bloody chapter. yes im sometimes looking around other forums on small breaks (vauxsport.com is one, i feel daewootech is missing something lately hence not been around here)

the site is wayyyyyy more expensive than a 500 dolar job. (like daewooluvr pointed) im NOT asking for more money before anyone starts, i did a quick start on it because as said i needed the money badly. after that the work done i felt it was not up the my standards and problems started when i said to danny about a REDESIGN of the site, like i said is NOT TO MY QUALITY STANDARDS.

Im currently 'overworking' since i have way more work than i can handle and it leads me to set priorities on whats 1st and whats not. right now im setting this in a emergency mode because like i said i need to close this chapter. its almost 5am here for those wondering if im talking bollocks.

http://kinkymotorsports.com/osc/

thats the new design for it. witch was done weeks ago, im just finishing doing some tweaks to it, hope you all like it since we have lots of people commenting on this tread.

some things still to be done. a couple are:

- need to migrate (manually) all the current products and the ones left. also need to work all the pics you have taken in order to have clean product image. if more products are needed to be added please take pictures using a white cardboard like ive told you before to do. theyre easier to work on and light reflects better.
- complete the paypal thingy setup.

so the plan is to finish all this in the weekend. so im closing the chapter soon.

the downtime was a problem with my provider and my bank account. since the transaction was done on a SUNDAY the bank rejected the charge, but it was backup on monday.

on another note...

for those wondering about daewootech... i've said before that it wont go down anymore. so please stop making those 'negative' comments, i know it went down a couple of times but im better now and its already been paid for a couple more years.

about myself... i've done many website, local design related work and ive never had a big complain (until now), ive done some small work for vauxsport.com, techsupport for astra-mk2.com (just to mention some car sites you may know, ive not charge them), and many others (witch are mostly local), i work with web design, graphic design, techsupport and customer service on and daily basis, ive many projects even personal ones so i may not be able to check around daewootech.com like i used to be.

For those in need to contact me, im always on MSN Messenger on 80% of my daytime. my msn addy has always been on my profile so no excuses there.

In the future please stop posting stuff before the other half involved gives an answer to the situation. i personally think that i look very bad in everyones eyes.

Those that may know me for years around here, know that im always willing to help in everyway i can... jesus i created this site to help everyone not to cheat or decieve anyone.

Please be aware that i accept the responsibility of not been able to finish it on the mentioned timeline.

So once again. Sorry
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Efrain A. wrote: after that the work done i felt it was not up the my standards and problems started when i said to danny about a REDESIGN of the site, like i said is NOT TO MY QUALITY STANDARDS.

http://kinkymotorsports.com/osc/

thats the new design for it. witch was done weeks ago, im just finishing doing some tweaks to it, hope you all like it since we have lots of people commenting on this tread.
You sent me that link on April 29th and I’ve been checking it every few days since then and this is the first time the link has actually worked. Last I checked it was a few days ago too.

It looks fantastic though!

[qoute]
- complete the paypal thingy setup.
[/quote]
Done, unless I need to put in a new link now that there’s a new site?
In the future please stop posting stuff before the other half involved gives an answer to the situation. i personally think that i look very bad in everyones eyes.

Those that may know me for years around here, know that im always willing to help in everyway i can... jesus i created this site to help everyone not to cheat or decieve anyone.
You’ve given me allot of answers to the situation and I’ve asked many times to get the site done. You originally quoted me 2-3 weeks to complete the website, knowing everything that had to be done. Granted, I added new products since you started the site but it has been a year. There were at least four different occasions you told me it would only be another week or two weeks before most of it was done and every time there was very little progress. The last time was probably about two months ago too.

I don’t believe you’re trying to cheat or deceive anyone. I just believe you took on a job you didn’t have time for or something similar. Which is why I gave you a chance to get out of the job and offered you to keep the hosting fees I paid you and we could work something out to where you could have kept whatever amount we agree on for the work you’ve done. Then you give me all necessary info to have someone else finish the site. I sent that email on 4/03/08

I agree I could have tried harder to contact you these last few times but even when I do get a hold of you I still got the run around. Posting this was the only option I could think of to get you to actually finish the site in a reasonable amount of time.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport