My Nexia turbo project

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rovsche

My Nexia turbo project

Post by Rovsche »

Hi all!!!

It's very nice and usefull forum that I found for Daewoo cars. Let me say thanks to admins.
I'm from Uzbekistan, may be you know we have own daewoo cars plant. That was JV with Daewoo corp. still daewoo became bankraupt. And now the Uz-Daewoo Auto trying deal with GM and have prolonged licence agreement till 2010.
So, my car is 2001' Nexia SOHC and now he is turboing in my garage. My plan is setup 4 stages.
1stage - 150-180hp,
2stage- 200-240hp
3stage - 300-350hp
4stage - 400hp
and the 5th stage is to build dragracing engine 500hp with gt3540

now stage 1 in progress, my specs
turbo - k26
wg - external from audi 200 turbo
bov - blitz
ecu - upgrated stock ecu to stand alone
innovate LC-1 wide band lambda
manifold - stock iron with adapters
IC - Taspo from Belarussia
injectors - 240cc
gauges - swoosh gauges (bool shit quality, not recomend, lately I'll change it to greddy or defi)
some fitings and flages

injector stock is left:

replace of inlet

cut segment of inlet to decrease of it diameter from 76 to 70mm because I didn't find 3" rubber hose :(

IC fitted

adaptor to connect turbo with stock manifold, and there is will weld pipe to WG

finishing pre setup, no tuch to any where (good geometry work :)))

swoosh gauges (a full clone of defi style, but no clone of quality :)))))

BOV

turbo MAP sensor from SAAB

to be continued
MMamdouh

Re: My Nexia turbo project

Post by MMamdouh »

this looks like a very good and solid project... by all means keep us updated man, BTW whats your engine displacment?

i didn't know that nexias came with stock BOSCH injectors... i just swapped my OEM GM injectors with those ones you got as OEM.
Rovsche wrote:injector stock is left:
MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Rovsche

Post by Rovsche »

gays, who knows how torque can overload the stock rods? I think their bending strength are about 250kH. What are yours opinion?
Rovsche

Re: My Nexia turbo project

Post by Rovsche »

MMamdouh wrote:this looks like a very good and solid project... by all means keep us updated man, BTW whats your engine displacment?

i didn't know that nexias came with stock BOSCH injectors... i just swapped my OEM GM injectors with those ones you got as OEM.
MMamdouh
Hi, thanks a lot
engine disp. - 1500cc its A15MF engine based on Opel c16nz engine, came with forged steel crank

nexias stock injectors is bosch from russia, I swaped it to Siemens from GAZ 3102, this should enough to 150-160hp at 80% duty, I think. Then I'll install RS 350cc to increase output to 250hp, but I dont sure of my stock rods and going to order H beam from Eagle or Pauter rod. Forged piston 79mm already have done and be wated its puting to engine :)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hello Rovsche and welcome to the forum.

So far it seems like you've been heading in the right direction as the components you've chosen seem to be a good choice for your engine.

I do however have one concern as I've noticed that it seems like your oil drain line from your turbo is lower than the oil pan (due to use of factory manifold)

If any part of the drain line drops lower than the oil pan the turbo will have problems with oil movement (resulting in death of the turbo bearings due to starvation and or burnt oil )

You can fix this by one of two methods...

1) Create a new turbo manifold

or

2) Install an oil drain catch can with an electric (or mechanical) oil pump to move the oil from the catch can back to the oil pan.

My personal choice would be to simply manufacture a new turbo manifold as the oil pump may end up costing more than a manifold.... and it can fail if hit with rocks or underbrush.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

With respect to the connecting rods...... I don't think anyone has really tested them as of yet.... so the power handling capacity is unknown.

I have a 1.5L SOHC with damaged bearings and I purchased the car with the intension of installing a turbo 2.0L or turbo 2.2L

Needless to say I am very tempted to simply try and blow the stock 1.5L engine by adding nitrous, turbo or both to see where the weak point in the engine is located.

I currently have no use for this engine as I allready have four 2.0L engines sitting in my garage waiting to go into project vehicles.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
IvanCZ
Junior

Post by IvanCZ »

Looks great. Good luck, man!
Daewoo Nexia Nexia project
Rovsche

Post by Rovsche »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Hello Rovsche and welcome to the forum.

So far it seems like you've been heading in the right direction as the components you've chosen seem to be a good choice for your engine.

I do however have one concern as I've noticed that it seems like your oil drain line from your turbo is lower than the oil pan (due to use of factory manifold)

If any part of the drain line drops lower than the oil pan the turbo will have problems with oil movement (resulting in death of the turbo bearings due to starvation and or burnt oil )

You can fix this by one of two methods...

1) Create a new turbo manifold

or

2) Install an oil drain catch can with an electric (or mechanical) oil pump to move the oil from the catch can back to the oil pan.

My personal choice would be to simply manufacture a new turbo manifold as the oil pump may end up costing more than a manifold.... and it can fail if hit with rocks or underbrush.
Hi,
sorry for delay
I wholy agree with you concern level of oil drain relative to oil pan. But I've done all measurments with levelgauge before this procedure. Nevertheles Thanks for advice.
2) there is no doubt in welding a new turbo manifold and I'm looking now for SS304 steel and tube bends. Unfortunately there is no any such goods in Uzbekistan. I found it in Moscow and trying to deliver bends here to Tashkent. And this manifold will be part of stage II of my project. I supose that manifold will be ram type with equal length.
I've ordered the new biger IC 600x300x76 dimencions :D sure thats enough for 500hp )))
Rovsche

Post by Rovsche »

IvanCZ wrote:Looks great. Good luck, man!
Hi Ivan!
thanks a lot! I saw your project its nice too especially proxes tires thats great ;)