Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

ok you sold me lol

kimoboy

Post by kimoboy »

Strange people are selling 2000-up cars and buying old cars. Btw M40 is engine code, all BMW car codes
strart with E, so it's E30, and many will say E30 is old model, no it's the same only diffrent back tail..etc, like Lanos 1 and 2. The E30 is old project now, better buy E36. Anyway good luck for the guys that bought BMW. I will stick with my Honda :lol:
MMamdouh wrote:it is a good and bad news at the same time.

first off i'd like to say congrats on the new ride and this is the ggod news indeed :D ... keep it in the safe range as it is wild as hell. :badgrin:

the bad news is that the beast won't see anymore developments and future projects since you sold it :(

also i can say that the good news is the car is still within the daewootech community as the guy who bought it is Yasser - the guy that had the auto 1.6 nubira and turbo plans - so in part we got to see and ride the car even though it changed hands.

the only problem is that the wootech community here is growing a tendance to buy BMWs... zikas got the E34 M5 and Bezo got an M40, Elhamy wanna get an M40 as well and i have always dreamed of owning a bimmer so.... i might get one if i managed to rais the finance.

here is a clip for zika's new ride in action at the local autocross champioship:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KW8CVI4Q

MMamdouh
kimoboy

Re: ByeBye Woo

Post by kimoboy »

I wish you have told me that you were going to buy this car, as I know the owner very well, and could have got you very good deal.
Zikas wrote:Dear all as am very sorry to tell u this but still am very happy to say it

i sold my great Nubira (2.0 Turbo) and i got a Bimmer (E34 )that i will be turboing very soon wish me luck and keep me postit
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

kimoboy wrote:Strange people are selling 2000-up cars and buying old cars. Btw M40 is engine code, all BMW car codes
strart with E, so it's E30, and many will say E30 is old model, no it's the same only diffrent back tail..etc, like Lanos 1 and 2. The E30 is old project now, better buy E36. Anyway good luck for the guys that bought BMW. I will stick with my Honda :lol:
i know about the model name of BMWs but the M40 is referring to the newer versin of the E30, the one with bigger tail lights and fuel injected engine so you can call the newewr version (E30 with fuel injection system and bigger tail lights AKA M40)... maybe this is not what every body else call it outside egypt but thats the case here.

E30
M40

also the "old" BMW got a lot more options, handling as well as modding ability than the "new" nubira... also rear wheel drive cars rules! :badgrin:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kimoboy

Post by kimoboy »

Yes only back here they call it M40, and btw old E30 had fuel injection engines like 323i, 325i. For more info, tipes ,,etc check www.bmwe30.net.

i know about the model name of BMWs but the M40 is referring to the newer versin of the E30, the one with bigger tail lights and fuel injected engine so you can call the newewr version (E30 with fuel injection system and bigger tail lights AKA M40)... maybe this is not what every body else call it outside egypt but thats the case here.

E30
M40

also the "old" BMW got a lot more options, handling as well as modding ability than the "new" nubira... also rear wheel drive cars rules! :badgrin:

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

just went through the entire post and it brough to me sweet memories :)

MMamdouh
Zikas

good memories always last

Post by Zikas »

hello all and especially my friend mmamdouh
we will always post some new things on this great forum and believe it or not i miss my great nubi :(:(:(:( :cry: :cry: :cry:
Zikas The Great (Nubira)
92alex

Post by 92alex »

Ok im just asking this *note i am 15 so give me a break if im wrong :D* if you wanted a turbo installed couldnt you take it to a shop and have them customize it in for you... i know this will probly run you alot but they could probly do it a WHOLE lot beter a?
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Of course you can...if you can find a shop willing to work on a Daewoo.

As you said the cost would be really high. Just having a basic turbo installed on a Honda runs you around 3-4 thousand dollars. So you could imagine the cost of having all those parts custom made. I've found alot of shops will actually tell you no because they do not want to do anything custom...they only do the kits you can buy that they can install easily and make alot of quick cash.

Jimmy
92alex

Post by 92alex »

lol well thats a bummer.... well i dont want to customize it myself becasue i know ill screw it up... maybe someday somone will come out with a turbo kit for a nubira :D
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i wish the picture was that bright... we don't even have professional tuning shops to start with.

best thing you an do is get the turbo from ebay or so and go to a mechanic to install it and then blow yourengine 4 blocks away from the shop.

all shops here are for repairs, prformance shops if you may call them that only sells you the stuff... no one is capable of installing it the right way - tuning and all - so it is going to be the same problems with any car.

knowlegable people are not mechanically capable and the ones that are capable got no idea how a turbo works and whats the required tueups are so it is vey very rare to see a custom turbo installation that actually works in here... me and Zikas are mechanically capable and got the knowledge and we did it.

now we are turboing the BMW and it is a much harder job than the nubi but we are not going to give up... will keep you updated.

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

coool, so is there any forum u r posting the BMW turboing process at???? :o
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

nope... i am not a BMW owner - yet anyways - but i am participating in the project... will post the results in our local car forum www.nilemotors.com when the setup is complete and tested.

MMamdouh