Australian Turbo Nubira

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

NOTDADS

Australian Turbo Nubira

Post by NOTDADS »

Hello all,

I've been following this forum for some time, and it's great to see so many Nubira lovers!! I've have a 1999 Black Nubira GTX (CDX model but sold with full body kit, lowered racing suspension, 2l engine and decaled seats)
I bought her brand new in November 1999 and loved her ever since. She's done 214,000 kms from new. She's spat 2 timing belts, first one at 76,000kms which was covered under warranty, and the second time at around 110,000kms, but I brought her back to life. I've fitted a cold air intake onto her, a JUN-BL exhaust whilst removing the cat, hollowing it out then replacing the cat shell to keep it looking as stock as possible underneath.
I've customized the complete interior trim in a couple of shades of light to dark blue including re-trimming the seats with blue vinyl and blue fabric myself. I've fitted blue LED's inside the whole interior, white LED's onto the front lights that turn on with the ignition, and wired red LED's onto my rear brakes lights including the rear spoiler brake light.
Now since owning it I've always dreamt of somehow turboing her, and now since selling my house I can actually bring that dream to reality.
So, my very first question to you all is, does anyone know of or can recommend anybody that can/will make a customized turbo exhaust manifold for me? I'm in South Australia, but I don't mind where I'd need to source. I've got a local contact that I believe may be able to make one but I've not contacted him as yet only because I wanted to see if there was anything existing out there already, but I have contacted a company called 'JB Fabrication' in Pensilvania US who have said they will happily make one but just need engine and engine bay measurements and specs.
So, does anyone have any recommendations or does anyone in fact have a manifold they're looking to sell?

Cheers everyone,
Trav
Attachments
image.jpeg
(128.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Australian Turbo Nubira

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I made one a while back, quite a bit of work so I'm not sure I'd want to tackle another one.

You can get them from the UK, just look on Migweb and look for a manifold for a Z20LET.

As well you should have the Z20LET in Australia, do you have any Holden 2.0L turbo cars?? In the UK they were in the "VXR" editions

Keep in mind the factory Z20LET manifold has the turbo integrated, I would stay away from it unless you can find one with really low mileage and you don't mind limiting yourself to 15psi of boost or less.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos