The Truth about header and turbo manifold for daewoo 1.6

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

pulsardet

The Truth about header and turbo manifold for daewoo 1.6

Post by pulsardet »

I own a 2000 daewoo lanos 1.6 double head cam motor, and i was looking for a upgrade but not much is done for our car on the market, and somewhere someone told maybe a honda header would fit, guest what i had a D serie honda turbo manifold laying around some i bought a new gasket to compare here the result and i would have some question on my own. Has you can see the gasket and manifold or header would be a close fit, only 2 bolt on the each end are a bit of a problem, now the part in red ive selected on the outside of the manifold does it serve a purpose and is their a way to make custom exhaust manifold, since if leave like that it will leak a lot since the long part of the gasket isn't fitting at all. Maybe a sticky would be nice for future reference and solution. Thank you

rrob311

Re: The Truth about header and turbo manifold for daewoo 1.6

Post by rrob311 »

Thats interesting. I would imagine that the part you circled could be for EGR which could be blocked off. I would probably start out with the honda gasket. Can you take a better picture of the entire header? the edge is missing.
pulsardet

Re: The Truth about header and turbo manifold for daewoo 1.6

Post by pulsardet »

hI rrob, if you click on the picture, you will see the whole picture I don't know why the forum has crop the picture, I'll try to reedit my post to correct it later tonight, but i the time just click on the picture. Last night I did go to a shop and stick my turbo manifold to a D serie Head so its confirm without a doubt. Now i need to solve the gasket think before going furthere, but my N/A D15 header has been bought allready, and the test fitting should be done when weather, is ok, It's winter down in canada. I'll keep posting update has soon has i have them.