Lanos 16v turbo exhaust manifold

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mohmedhat
Junior

Lanos 16v turbo exhaust manifold

Post by mohmedhat »

I have a Lanos 16v and doing a turbo project, i saw the below exhaust manifold with the turbo attached and i liked it as it's compact and i like the turbo position if you have a detailed photo for it or if it's an oem one please tell me the donor car, is it a high flow manifold? or if it's not good at all please let me know your suggestions i have a TD04l turbo

Image Image
Image Image
MMamdouh

Re: Lanos 16v turbo exhaust manifold

Post by MMamdouh »

i think this is the turbo lanos from poland

not 100% sure but this mani looks like it is custom made

MMAmdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mohmedhat
Junior

Post by mohmedhat »

i found this TURBO honda D16 header for a good price on eBay is it a good option for me?

my TD04l turbo has this flange:

is the cast iron header is ok for turbo projects, i can see that it's melting point is about 1200oC or should i use a stainless steel one which melting point is about 1500oC? will the manifold temp. exceed 1200oC?

do you think it's wise to find a cast iron flange and weld it directly to above header or make a coupling from stainless steel or whatever to connect the above header to my turbo and also help me in well positioning my turbo wherever i like? or it will be unwise to use too many connections?
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

cast iron is much better for turbo manifolds
they are stronger, they will last longer and they hold more heat which allows the turbo to spool faster

the only problem with the honda manifold is you will need to change the flange to fit your motor
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i think it will only require modifying the holes for the guides in the head... someone here said this is the only mod required to put a honda mani on a 1.6 daewoo engine

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

well there you go :D
mohmedhat
Junior

Post by mohmedhat »

Thanks for replying me

but till now i cannot be sure if it's a direct fit or will be slightly modified for the guide bolts to be in only or i will have to make major modifications for this manifold to attach it to the head!!!

also no one answered me about the best way to attach it to my TD04L using a direct welding of a cast iron flange or making a coupling between manifold and turbo? and what material to use in both cases!!

Thanks in advance...
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

well the material depends on the material of the manifold

go like for like...

and the connection is up to you!
mohmedhat
Junior

Post by mohmedhat »

can i use my N/A header with a coupling to my turbo?

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

yes
but you would need to move the location of the O2 sensor

before the turbo would be far too hot and you would be eating o2 sensors like mad
same with just after

otherwise, this method of using the stock manifold is easiest and has been done before
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

My brother is using the stock manifold on their lanos, in the hole of the O2 sensor we put the wastegate

Using this manifold with a little tdo4l this car is making good dyno #
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
mohmedhat
Junior

Post by mohmedhat »

Dear Jorge

i don't know how to thank you for photos and advice i was originally motivated to use this setup but they were trying to convince me that this is not a good deal and the cast iron stock manifold will hold extra heat, will be distroyed very soon and also will eat up the turbo as well as it will waste a lot of exhaust power!!

can you tell me more about how did your brother connect the TD04l flange (i have one as shown in my above post) to his stock manifold, it will be appreciated a lot.

i didn't try to connect them yet but i can see in a project here (named: how to turbo your sohc 1.5 lanos) that he used an adapter between the turbo flange and the maifold flange, from your photos i see you didn't besides i have an internal waste gate which is ok for me at the time being, so i can close this open by a blocker and open another after the turbo.

do you go with stock internals? how much boost you run? and how much power you gain? from where did you feed the oil and water to your turbo? any advice...

thank you in advance...
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

holding heat is a good thing! the exhaust "speed" doesn't turn the turbine, it's the heat
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

The car have like a year turbo and have no problem with the manifold, to put on the stock manifold we relocated the holes of the manifold to match on the turbocharger. We are full stock engine internals, stock throttle but 315cc fuel injectors, arospeed fuel pressure regulator and a apex a/f controller. The internal wastegate is blocked, we are using the Tial 38mm imitation, right now the car are running at 8psi because the stock clutch are failing. Right now the car is supposed to be near 190 to 200whp, but the clutch fail at 5,000 on the dyno run and we get 180whp 171tq at 8psi. This engine is strong but be aware of knock and the air fuel we run at 11.5 afr
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
mohmedhat
Junior

Post by mohmedhat »

How i appreciate your reply, it's so kind of you...

i already have the turbo, fuel regulator, 315cc injectors, so i still need a a/f controller and i can go.

thank you very much for your support, my last question is from where do you feed the turbo with oil and water?