C20GET quessies!

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Coveted69

C20GET quessies!

Post by Coveted69 »

Howzit guys, my name is Divun and hail from S.A. I own a 1998 Kadett 200is(same as youre Vauxhall GSI except its 8v.) which i fitted with a C20GET 4 years ago 8) The motor is still std inside but has a T3 Turbo, external wastegate, fmi, and a Gotech Managament. The rings and bearings was done a 1000kms ago :) and a set of Arp's were fitted to the rods...

Power figures is 189kW(253hp@wheels) and 344Nm @ 5800Rpm. The aim is to get 400hp!!:badgrin: What do i need to get there??

So my questions are:
1) Is the pistons (Mahle) semi forged or fully forged?
2) How much power can the handle( ie boost) 2bar ... 3bar..?
3)How much power can the rods and crank handle before they break ?
4)And what would be the rev limit for this motor before i have to go double valve springs etc??
5)And finally what is the most power ever generated out of these motors?

Thanks in Advance....
:D :D :D :D :D :D
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: C20GET quessies!

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Coveted69 wrote:Howzit guys, my name is Divun and hail from S.A. I own a 1998 Kadett 200is(same as youre Vauxhall GSI except its 8v.) which i fitted with a C20GET 4 years ago 8) The motor is still std inside but has a T3 Turbo, external wastegate, fmi, and a Gotech Managament. The rings and bearings was done a 1000kms ago :) and a set of Arp's were fitted to the rods...

Power figures is 189kW(253hp@wheels) and 344Nm @ 5800Rpm. The aim is to get 400hp!!:badgrin: What do i need to get there??

So my questions are:
1) Is the pistons (Mahle) semi forged or fully forged?
2) How much power can the handle( ie boost) 2bar ... 3bar..?
3)How much power can the rods and crank handle before they break ?
4)And what would be the rev limit for this motor before i have to go double valve springs etc??
5)And finally what is the most power ever generated out of these motors?

Thanks in Advance....
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Well.... the factory Mahle pistons are indeed forged...and there have been a few guys in the 400hp range with the stock pistons.

As far as power.... again.... I personally wouldn't take it too much past 300hp with factory rods and pistons.

The crank is good.... should be able to support 400hp without any issues.

As far as double springs..... you should already have them at the power level and stock RPM... valve float can be an issue with the C20GET.

I would also suggest upgrading the factory rocker-arms to forged units.... I will get the part number and manufacturer for you.... you can do them at the same time as you put on dual springs.

I'd suggest that you get a balancing job on the rotating assembly..... personally I would upgrade the connecting rods to the floating pin type found in the C20LET and C20XE... you can debeam and polish a set of factory C20LET/XE rods or you can purchase aftermarket forged rods..... and of course that means getting new forged pistons to accept the floating pin setup.

The biggest issue I think with the C20GET is the intake manifold.... it's pretty small and doesn't flow well with respect to individual ports..... that is to say you will find one lean and one rich and two that are decent.

Some people have gone back and used the Naturally aspirated 8V port injection manifold ( C20NE ) as it has slightly better flow characteristics.

If you really want to get to know the C20GET ( also known as a GM LT3 ) you should go onto Jbody.org and look around for the sunbird Gt turbo.... as they have the C20GET and there are tons of guys there that have produced very powerful engines.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos