Re: Daewoo Sens(Lanos) 3,0T from Ukraine

Post by mr_g »

Why do you call Lanos Sens?
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

mr_g wrote:Why do you call Lanos Sens?
in different countries it has different names. its the same for almost all GM cars.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

OK. Sorry. I didn't know that lanos is called any-different than lanos in every country.. :o

That is very bad practice, because you couldn't build a brand on some models that could be worldwide famous...

Is there any other name for Lanos?
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Wikipedia 8) -
"The Daewoo Lanos was a subcompact car manufactured by the Korean automaker Daewoo Motors from 1997 to 2002, and from 1997 to 2008 made under a license agreement by the Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych (FSO) in Poland, marketed as FSO Lanos, and assembled in Ukraine in modified versions known as Daewoo Sens and Chevrolet Lanos. For a brief period, it was also assembled by TagAZ in Russia, marketed as Doninvest Assol."

The last one is funny...

Imagine telling people you drive an Assol :lol:
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i actually wrote some parts of the article about the lanos in the wiki... it is in the section concerning the manufacturing outside Korea and i have added details for the Egyptian assembled daewoo/chevy lanos

BTW we have now both brands running side by side in the streets... Daewoo lanos and the Chevy lanos... the Daewoo guys still feel that they are the Original and the Chevy guys are imitating them

the "Doninvest Assol" is one fucked up name... i am thinking of myself considering a few cars to buy and one of them says "Don invest Assol"... if i didn't buy it then i took the advice... and if i did then i will end up being an Assol owner...

OK we all have our own "Assol" but non of them is so big that it actually occupies a car space in a parking lot

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

speak for yourself......

lol jk

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Don' invest Ass'ol... :lol:
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Those Zany Russians lol :D
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Mister.x

Post by Mister.x »

@ Olegator great, have you got a link,pics or price of your custom head gasket please. To my engine i hope it will finish to christmas because past my hollyday now in West Indies Island...... :smt028 :smt026
Very nice video and awesome Lanos... :minigun:
OLEGator

Post by OLEGator »

Yes, in Ukraine we have Lanos with 1,5 8v (86 hp) 1,6 16v (106 hp) and Sens - which have lanos body, interior,suspension, but motor with gearbox - from ZAZ Tavria - 1,3 liter arhaic motor burn in USSR :D .
2 Mister X. Now i reswap engine and drive on 1,3. I build natural aspirated 3,0. I have gasket which working on my 3,0 turbo and can make foto and sale it for you. Motor run 1 year without any problem (max boost - 1,2) and run in 1200 kg auto 402 m for 12,9 sec without diferential block and on street wheels
Mister.x

Post by Mister.x »

@ Olegator, sorry to your engine because i'm trying to build a bi-turbo V6 in my astra and after i'll put 2RW on it. ;) Thanks!
ms156

Post by ms156 »

Good day! How is your project? Are there any new upgrades? Photo or video?
OLEGator

Post by OLEGator »

So, guys, now my Daewoo alive, but have some change. Now color is Imperial green, like legendary Lotus Omega, brakes 15" for 4 bolts wheels (280 mm brake disk from Opel Meriva and satellites from Vectra B with 57 mm calipers). And, this is main, now engine increase to 3,2 volume. Naturaly aspirated ;) . Foto soon.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

OLEGator wrote:So, guys, now my Daewoo alive, but have some change. Now color is Imperial green, like legendary Lotus Omega, brakes 15" for 4 bolts wheels (280 mm brake disk from Opel Meriva and satellites from Vectra B with 57 mm calipers). And, this is main, now engine increase to 3,2 volume. Naturaly aspirated ;) . Foto soon.
Good to hear you are still alive, I always thought your project was pretty cool. Why did you take the turbo off???
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit