Camshaft reprofiling

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xiaogary
Junior

Camshaft reprofiling

Post by xiaogary »

Any knows where to do camshaft reprofiling for higher duration of intake and exhaust?
I got a set of spare DOHC camshaft looking for company to grind them for performance.
Preferbly 285 degree.

Whats the cost of doing this normally?
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

Hi everyone, any idea how to check the profile of the cams?
Mine was sent to UK and received it back. Costed me $300+ pound for the grinding including postage.

Tell me whether they look like 266 duration. Thats the max that can be grounded according to the UK guy. He said its 266 duration for both intake and exhaust with 1 mm extra lift.

Whats the orriginal lanos cam profile? 233 duration?

Need to ask gsi_turbo: are the cams original and new or they have been grounded before? Thats what the UK guy asked me.

Before grinding:

After grinding (266 duration):

Aveo 1.7M DOHC
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

it's going to be i bit dificult to check the specs after the fact, not really sure how to go about it.

the cams that I have done run about the same price (300GBP=600USD+/-) but mine aren't regrind but their not new either, they are hard-welds. with the regrinds you have to check lash and shime the lifter because they take material away to get the speck. hard-welds add material to the stock cam and then profile that, 99.9% of the time there is no shimming needed, they are the closest thing to a new quality cam available.

I'll get the lanos specs asap. in the mean time read this over http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 68&start=0 if there is a specific design you are after I'm sure we can have a custom profile done but there is not liability for us at that point.

cheers, Garrett