greenbluewoo turbo build ''list''

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: greenbluewoo turbo build ''list''

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Daft Art did a damn nice job on the engine mount.... you should consider powder coating it to protect it as you don't want it to rust.

After all.... who knows if or when he will get back into fabricating parts.

How did you make out with the piston clearance issue ?

Going to try and run it as is or do you plan to have the bore diameters increased ?
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

I still want get the bore fixed still have to check the clearance do you know how much it would cost to have the bore increased and everything balanced as for the mount it is damn nice I was going to paint it chassi black because I have some left over from the rear beam
2.0 engine swap in the works
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I suppose cost will be dependent on the area your in.

If I were to guess your probably looking at $500 to $800 for a basic job.

I would at minimum have the cylinders bored and deck machined with a balancing done with the flywheel and crank pulley attached.

With respect to deck machining.... it will ensure that the top surface of the block is absolutely 100% flat.

They don't have to remove much material unless there is warpage.... which I wouldn't expect from an iron block.

If you wanted to go all out and have everything aligned (mains, camshafts ) your probably looking at $1500 but again it depends on where you live.

You should pick your machine shop based upon the types of engines they normally work on.

If it's a V8 factory..... consider finding a place that is doing lots of 4 cyl work.... tell them it's a GM 2.0L engine from an 88 Pontiac Sunbird GT Turbo and that should allow them to give you a good quote.

Don't mention Daewoo.... or the price will probably go up $200 because they haven't a clue as to what to expect.

The Sunbird 2.0L 8V turbo blocks are the same.... so there is no reason to do anything differently.

You may want to find a shop that is familiar with performance engine..... but they will usually be more expensive than your regular run of the mill engine machine shops.

The only reason I say this is that they will be more familiar with forged pistons and clearance issues.... but you'd probably be just fine with a regular company that is use to working on 4 Cyl GM engines

If I were you I would go around to a few places and find out what they "specialize" and get some quotations.

Look on the web and find some local forums that deal with grass roots racing.... you should be able to find a few guys mentioning how impressed they were with the work and price of some local shop.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

New Hampshire.....

http://www.crankshaftco.com/engine-repa ... shire.html

From that list I think RL Engines is a decent choice.
http://www.rlengines.com/

They have a price list and they do list 4/6 cyl applications... honda... nissan... BMW...VW... Porsche

$80 for cylinder head resurfacing 4cyl
$125 for cylinder bore and hone to fit pistons
$220 for balancing engine

So that's really quite reasonable at $425

They list lots of different types of work including high performance engines and their list of machines is decent.

So..... I don't know how far you are from Dover but I think this is your best bet in New Hampshire
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

I would go with http://www.rlengines.com/ because they are only 30 minutes away and because its good price thank you for the help
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Great.... glad I could help out..... they look pretty professional based upon their website
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

took the interior out with the dash going to start removing the tar then try and build a rollcage ImageImageImage 1 ported and polish intake manifold ImageImage started to port and polish the head dont have pics yet
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

damn.... ur getting serious with this arent u? :shock:
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

*speechless* wowie.

one question... where did you get the side skirts/body kit from? im just dyingggg for side skirts.

pics of dash after flock, pleaseeeeeeeeeee

also, pic of the front strut bar please.. i want to build/weld my own, and im needing ideas/measurements.. :x
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

the bodykit I bought from ebay little over a year ago cant seem to find now but found this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Daewoo-Lanos-BODY-K ... 27a80a10bf its cheaper than the one I bought dont really like the front bumper..... I really wanted this kit but they wont ship to the usa http://cgi.ebay.pl/DAEWOO-LANOS-PRZOD-F ... 7C294%3A50 as for the dash havent started on that yet.... heres a pic of a strutbar with measurements its not mine I just painted my strutbar yesterday so I dont want to put it together until paint dried fully and thispic is the same as my strutbar
Attachments
aV2pQ869-996c2cee7e264ff43b02b72e77222955.jpg
(104.12 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

greenbluewoo wrote:the bodykit I bought from ebay little over a year ago cant seem to find now but found this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Daewoo-Lanos-BODY-K ... 27a80a10bf its cheaper than the one I bought dont really like the front bumper..... I really wanted this kit but they wont ship to the usa http://cgi.ebay.pl/DAEWOO-LANOS-PRZOD-F ... 7C294%3A50 as for the dash havent started on that yet.... heres a pic of a strutbar with measurements its not mine I just painted my strutbar yesterday so I dont want to put it together until paint dried fully and thispic is the same as my strutbar
yea its a bitch tho i like the 2nd bumper better

you can make one urself u know :roll:

:D
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

i know.. but i dont know how... @.@ hahaha. im just gutting the stock. for the time being.

that front strut.. it seems like if you almost rail the car on a turn, it would flex and would lose the use of it.. anyway..
i really want to see the dash, good luck though.
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ive got a front strut brace, adn it helps alot, trust me. well worth the cash, or time to make one. hell i even make a rear one, lol

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

i know it does, but i was talking about the one grenn posted up. see near the mounts... it looks like it could move up adn down a little, then the middle metal part seems pretty thin to where it could flew a little too.. so im just asking wouldnt it lose its purpose as a strut bar? hahaha
im thinking about welding a rear together thats adjustable.. just incase i add too much weld and i need to make the bar smaller.

greenblue, any pics of the inside the boot? (like inside, inside)
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you can see that if its straight it wont clear any thing. it doesnt flex that much if at all.
Attachments
dirty engine.jpg
(811.75 KiB) Downloaded 384 times

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!