lanos 1.6 dohc turbo fuel/tuning help!!!!

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

with a piggyback and a wideband afr meter
u can solve the problem with the 2bar map sensor

i used DSM 2g injectors they are not bolt on parts
another option is to look for 370 to 450cc high impedance delphi style injectors
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Did you install the 10:1 FMU?

If you didn't then you should not run the 2BAR MAP.

Running the 2Bar will create different MAP voltages, the car will run lean at all times.... but it should be offset by the FMU.

By putting in the 2BAR MAP you have effectivly decreased the fuel by 50% ( as you would with a SAFC or other piggy back )

So.... first off you need to set a base pressure that is higher than the factory regulator.... personally I'd go up into the 50psi range for starters.

This basicly means that your going to force your Nubira injectors to make up for the difference in MAP voltage.

Once you have your base pressure up high enough to make the A/F decent ( I'd stick to 13:1 ) you should be able to adjust your RRFPR to give you a specific fuel curve under boost.

Of course I'm assuming your RRFPR will be an adjustable 10:1

Having said all that..... this is just if you want to keep the Nubira injectors.

If you get larger injectors ( personally I'd look for something closer to 370CC but I suppose it all depends on how much boost your running ) then you won't have to increase the base fuel pressure.... in fact you may end up decreasing your base pressure a little bit so it's not so rich at idle.

Keep in mind that Nubira2.2 is running a much larger engine.... he's running a 2.2L and your running a 1.6L.... so your injectors should naturally be smaller than his by 25% to 30%

In the end there are a half dozen ways to make it work..... I guess it's a question of budget
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Jwoo

Post by Jwoo »

right now i have the 2.0 nubira injectors, no fmu(its disconected, its a vortech), the missing link valve, stock map sensor, walbro 255, and the safc2. My goal is to up to 7psi, in that case what would you recommend given the info you posted before, what would i need to get my car ready for tuning on the dyno? what i have available right now is the 2bar map sensor, fmu, and i also have a msd dis-2 for timing. if you recommend to up my injectors please do so, it would suck having to change injectors on the dyno having an hour of tuning only. also given the final correction in fuel after tuning will the map sensor trigger a check engine light still?
Jwoo

Post by Jwoo »

i'm stuck with a decision to make; i could try to make it work with what i have now and spend about 2 hrs on the dyno and the car running ok or get either smt6 or smt7 install dyno it and have the car running good? what should i do?
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

with that u can make it work
maybe u wont get the most HP out of it but it will run and wont break the engine
Jwoo

Post by Jwoo »

if i go with the smt7 and up to 7psi do i need get bigger injectors(currently have 2.0 nubira inj.)? if so where can i get a hold of and what size 370mL? thanks
Jwoo

Post by Jwoo »

im trying to get the smt7 and i will be installing it hopefully soon, any suggestions on what i will need with this setup? thanks
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

Jwoo wrote:i had the 2bar map sensor and had to take it out, car was runing very rough, what about the voltage signal to the ecu from the map sensor aren't different from the 1bar to 2 bar, wont that trigger check codes? i have with current setup walbro 255, and 2.0 nubira injectors, would replacing the injectors work? if so where or which 450cc injectors are available for the 1.6 lanos? thanks
if you want the 2bar map to work u need to double the size of the injectors
but u will need some sort of tuning device like a fuel pressure regulator (old fashion way) or piggyback (manipulates the map signal going to the ecu)
map sensors read from 0 to 5v so ecu will see the same type of signal
only that when 1bar sensor is reading 5volts the 2bar will read 2.5V
Jwoo

Post by Jwoo »

so are the 370ml inj enough or need higher? and which ones can i get that are compatible? thanks