Nexia Turbo 13.6@17psi, specs page 2.

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

You mean nothing happens? Lol, except the timing belt snapping. Non interference engines ftw.
SAZ
---------------------
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Nice. Now much HP you get out that engine?
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

thanks guys..

piro my side skirts were made here in colombia

antdx316 i´m just using a programable ecu called Megasiquirt 1 Extra, my car have manual transmission, and it can hold even 23psi

the final speed was 109 milles, and my woo have 248whp at dynoje
248bhp it seems :P
SAZ
---------------------
ziemniak_PL

Post by ziemniak_PL »

I just can't believe it ;)
But ... You motivate me to do the same thing with this engine :D maybe I'll buy second Nexia :D Anyway; I still claim, that it won't last a minute ;P With this boost ofcourse ;)

Could You show the Dyno graph? :)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i am begining to think that the "7 to 8 psi on stock internals" is underrated... we have a member - Klonek AFAIR - running 12 PSi on stock internals on his 2.0 nubira wagon... we were running 9 PSI on the 2.0 nubira sedan.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Generally speaking I thought that most stock cast rods were the biggest weak point (at least that's what Honda people around here say) and usually could only handle around 200 hp? which was why most people played it safe with 7 or 8 psi and maybe 180 hp?

Jimmy
ziemniak_PL

Post by ziemniak_PL »

ziemniak_PL wrote:I just can't believe it ;)
But ... You motivate me to do the same thing with this engine :D maybe I'll buy second Nexia :D Anyway; I still claim, that it won't last a minute ;P With this boost ofcourse ;)

And if You could, please tell me what kind of fuel are you running?
Greets
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

MMamdouh wrote:i am begining to think that the "7 to 8 psi on stock internals" is underrated... we have a member - Klonek AFAIR - running 12 PSi on stock internals on his 2.0 nubira wagon... we were running 9 PSI on the 2.0 nubira sedan.

MMamdouh
because hondas do over 300-400+hp with just 6-8 psi

there r people doing 24psi on stock internals on other cars and the car being totally fine as a daily driver for years

im pretty sure the stereotype for 6psi is about max on stock internals is wrong because the start of the import boosting era was started by honda owners
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Generally speaking I thought that most stock cast rods were the biggest weak point (at least that's what Honda people around here say) and usually could only handle around 200 hp? which was why most people played it safe with 7 or 8 psi and maybe 180 hp?

Jimmy
Yes the stock rods are weaker than getting steel ones made up, from like, mahle or eagle [i think?] but as gse_turbo told me, it's not usually the rods that go, it's the rod bolts. And when they go, ofc it's gonna fuck up the rod as it'll just be hanging there, getitng beat about inside the chamber/bottom end. I didnt know this until he told me, but a lot of the time when you hear of people bending rods or throwing rods outta the block it's because the rod bolts give and as said there, they get fucked about inside the chambers/bottom end.
because hondas do over 300-400+hp with just 6-8 ps
Sorry but i don't think that's really a valid point again... Anyone getting over 300bhp with around 8psi in a honda powered car, will have to be with the 2.0 or 2.2vtec. No way will you get near that power with the 1.6 16v vtec engines. 8psi+other mods, maybe... but not only boosting 8psi alone.. The oly reason those 2.2's get over 300bhp so easy is because of what they are to start off with, they're over 200bhp n/a.
there r people doing 24psi on stock internals on other cars and the car being totally fine as a daily driver for years
Also depends how you drive the motor, you could have a car set up to boost 30psi and never push it past like 10psi. Constantly on boost will obviously take it's toll on any engine.

im pretty sure the stereotype for 6psi is about max on stock internals is wrong because the start of the import boosting era was started by honda owners
The reason there's such comotion about max boost on stock engines between 6 and say 10 psi is because thats when talking about running a turbo on a car that's not meant for a turbo.

By lowering the compression, practically any car can be turbo'd [to an extent] and run at 6psi very safely. Running boost over say, 10psi, on what's refered to as a stock engine, isnt wise. People throw these terms about very loosly and so many people pick it up so differently. The reason boosting over, for example, 10psi on a STOCK engine is not conciderd safe, is to do with fueling and the engine management sytems. Yes, the INTERNALS might be able to handle that type of boost, but only if set up properly, with the right fueling. Otherwise it'll just detonate and end up breaking something.

Running a car with a lotta boost on an aftermarket programmableecu, or a thing like megasquirt lets you pump shitloads more fuel in throughout the rev range, meaning, the car won't run lean at higher rpms, preventing detonation.

To just summarise that a little, it looks a bit messy;

Typically, when people say it's not safe running a standard engine, stock internals, over say 10 psi, they mean, a STANDARD engine. Everything except maybe the compression ratio. The ecu won't be able to read all that extra compressed air getting shoved in usually, and so, won't compensate with extra fuel as either the ecu won't read it, or the injectors might not be able to cope with it.

However, with the right setup, low compression ratio, suitable injectors and fueling, maybe a dualstage fpr or fifth injector, and a standalone engine management system, it is very easily possible to run over 10psi safely. By safely i mean without detonation, and without risking damaging internals due to the car firing before it's supposed to, due to running lean. [too much air not enough fuel].

Ofc running high amounts of boost in an engine with standard internals won't be as safe as running the same setup, only with stronger rods/pistons/rod bolts. But hey, it's still doable. And i know a fella who ran 12psi all day long with a 2.0 8v Vauxhall engine [c20ne] for well over a year and nothing at all went wrong with it. All he had was a fifth injector, different injectors and 2 headgaskets to reduce the CR a bit more.
SAZ
---------------------
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

ziemniak_PL wrote:I just can't believe it ;)

jejejejej ok go ahead buy a second nexia and try doing what im talking about....... the secret is low compression ratio, fuel injectors of 550cc, walbro fuel pump and a programable ecu like mega squirt, haltech, AEM or what ever you want. I have to sacan dyno graph, im gonna posted later, also i´m usig a kind of gasoline called ETILICA in my country, the gas of airplanes......

here is my time

DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

specs of my NEXIA TURBO

1997 Daewoo Nexia
1.5L 8 valves
stock internals
8.6.1 compression ratio (stock compression)
bronce clutch kit

Tubo garrett GT2860R
HKS SSQ blow off valve
550 cc Denso fuel injectores
CX racing intercooler
internal waste gate, starting at 9 psi
2.5 inch intercooler piping
boost controller
Mufller Arospeed
Walbro fuel pump
boost gauge
oil pressure gauge
K&N air filter

programeble ecu; MEGASQUIRT 1 EXTRA
Drag slicks 22x8 13 MH tires
Tenzo R 17 inch custom wheels
custom side skirts
diamond clear head lights
candy apple red body paint
sport suspention kit

248whp at dynojet SAE 1.38, 0 METERS OVER SEA LEVEL
180whp at dynodimanics SAE 1.00, 2600 METERS OVER SEA LEVEL

13.6@17 psi--->1/4 mille

DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Looks good m8. Me and a friend threw out on of those 8v engines. Didnt know the comp was so low standard. WIsh i hadda read the engine code.

Ah well. I like your dash cluster. Where'd you get the white dials? ANd what's it look like in the dark?
SAZ
---------------------
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

Sorry but i don't think that's really a valid point again... Anyone getting over 300bhp with around 8psi in a honda powered car, will have to be with the 2.0 or 2.2vtec. No way will you get near that power with the 1.6 16v vtec engines. 8psi+other mods, maybe... but not only boosting 8psi alone.. The oly reason those 2.2's get over 300bhp so easy is because of what they are to start off with, they're over 200bhp n/a.
sry to burst ur bubble but there r many D16 SOHC Stock Internals which is 1.6L that do that much hp search youtube
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

what are the model & specs of those injectors? Whats the flow rate?
From which car? Any GM Part number?

I am also looking for uprated injectors to support my upgrades.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

AntDX316 wrote:
sry to burst ur bubble but there r many D16 SOHC Stock Internals which is 1.6L that do that much hp search youtube
How many of them run only a turbo at 6-8psi, and no other modification, that you know off, for a fact. I could put a vid of a car driving past me on youtube and claim it to be 300bhp, doesnt mean it is.
SAZ
---------------------