Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nubaroo
Expert

Re: Nubaroo - time for some upgrades!!!

Post by Nubaroo »

benzino wrote:hahaha WOW!
they are massive

you better pray to the gearbox gods with all that new grip :badgrin:
I am already praying and the next race-meeting is only next year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Nubaroo wrote:
PrecisionBoost wrote:Wow... those are big.... how come so large? What size are they?
I wanted some 235/60/15 slicks (M&H) which fit perfectly on my car.....but I could not find any here from a local distributor. So the Mickey Thompson agent assured me the ones I have now are the same size, just imperial digits - 26" x 8" x 15", so I took these. Width wise they compare the same, but overall height they are about 1 inch bigger which poses a HUGE problem in fitting them into my car as I do not have an adjustable suspension. Now I will have to figure out an easy way to raise the front suspension of the car approx 1" on racedays when I fit these babies :? :? :? Any ideas on an EASY way to do this guys????
Yes.... 26" is very large.... your factory diameter is 23.5".... so your 2.5" over factory.

Personally..... I would have someone create a fiberglass replica of your fender made then modify it to fit your car.... then you just remove your factory fender on race days and enjoy the drag tires.

This way it gives lots of clearance and it won't matter if the fender becomes damaged by accident.

Removing the fender should only take 10 minutes per side if your familiar with all the different bolts/screws.

Getting back to clutches..... I have been talking with Superclutch in the UK ( make race clutches for Vauxhall/Opel ) and their main dealer is SBD motorsports.

They should have a clutch for your car that will handle your current power.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

PrecisionBoost wrote:
Nubaroo wrote:
PrecisionBoost wrote:Wow... those are big.... how come so large? What size are they?
I wanted some 235/60/15 slicks (M&H) which fit perfectly on my car.....but I could not find any here from a local distributor. So the Mickey Thompson agent assured me the ones I have now are the same size, just imperial digits - 26" x 8" x 15", so I took these. Width wise they compare the same, but overall height they are about 1 inch bigger which poses a HUGE problem in fitting them into my car as I do not have an adjustable suspension. Now I will have to figure out an easy way to raise the front suspension of the car approx 1" on racedays when I fit these babies :? :? :? Any ideas on an EASY way to do this guys????
Yes.... 26" is very large.... your factory diameter is 23.5".... so your 2.5" over factory.

Personally..... I would have someone create a fiberglass replica of your fender made then modify it to fit your car.... then you just remove your factory fender on race days and enjoy the drag tires.

This way it gives lots of clearance and it won't matter if the fender becomes damaged by accident.

Removing the fender should only take 10 minutes per side if your familiar with all the different bolts/screws.

Getting back to clutches..... I have been talking with Superclutch in the UK ( make race clutches for Vauxhall/Opel ) and their main dealer is SBD motorsports.

They should have a clutch for your car that will handle your current power.

Chris
Thanks Chris - will chat to them as soon as the clutch starts acting up again ;)

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

niceeee bro!!!!!

custom made intake manifold helps a lot.......

i already sold my nexia :? :? :? :? so now u have free road to be the fastest woo!!!!!!!!!!! good luck bro im pretty sure u can run at midle or low 11s ur nubi is powerfull...
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

nexia182 wrote:niceeee bro!!!!!

custom made intake manifold helps a lot.......

i already sold my nexia :? :? :? :? so now u have free road to be the fastest woo!!!!!!!!!!! good luck bro im pretty sure u can run at midle or low 11s ur nubi is powerfull...
Hi bud - sorry to hear about you selling the Nexia - you said something about a newer car/project - any news on that?? :D

Hoping the slicks will get me at least to low 12`s :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

had a great day - took a while but eventually got the hang of the slicks ( Mickey Thompson 24.5 x 8 x 15 drag slicks)...totally different driving style from the semi`s. Did not have trackbite...so note to self remember trackbite next time. Also once the slicks started working in I battled to launch the car at 5000rpm from the line without "bogging" so again - note to self....get the launch control connected and set up!!!! Looking forward to the next racemeet when I will be running a bit better prepared :D :D :D :D Took 1st place in the 4CF class by a ballhair, but hey a win is a win right??? Thankfully none of the REALLY fast cars attanded :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mocpac

Post by mocpac »

nice. :ctf:
ImageImage
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Good Job, I have to think your times will improve even further once you get all the kinks worked out with launching with slicks.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Next time, try 24.5x9x13. Thats what the maryority of big spec turbo cars try in the US.

You will need drag wheels.

But those 26x8x15 can do very good. What PSI are you using them?. Once new you try a big burn out to 'take the first layer off' and they will became better once you get some runs on them.

By the way, what suspension are you using? The car is higher at the front than the back with them slicks on ? Whats the weight of your car?

You should run 11s anyway. And after seeing some pics of that track.. you should consider going to Tarlton. (i guess is a better drag strip)

Efrain
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Good Job, I have to think your times will improve even further once you get all the kinks worked out with launching with slicks.

Chris
Thanks Chris - will keep everybody updated :D :D :D

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Efrain A. wrote:Next time, try 24.5x9x13. Thats what the maryority of big spec turbo cars try in the US.

You will need drag wheels.

But those 26x8x15 can do very good. What PSI are you using them?. Once new you try a big burn out to 'take the first layer off' and they will became better once you get some runs on them.

By the way, what suspension are you using? The car is higher at the front than the back with them slicks on ? Whats the weight of your car?

You should run 11s anyway. And after seeing some pics of that track.. you should consider going to Tarlton. (i guess is a better drag strip)

Efrain
Hi Efrain.

I have uprated coil springs front and back - still working on making the front Coilover typs - should be done this week!!I have not weighed the car yet - will do ASAP as I want to start removing some "non essential" stuff and see the weight dropped. I am sure with the slicks now propperly burnt in and launch control I will improve on my times quite a bit. Tarlton gives a LOT better traction - some guys even report up to a second faster from Nitro airfield to when they run at the prepared tarlton racetrack.

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

2 Step not 100% need it for you or the car bogs down that bad at the start?

Try to weight the car before you start taking out things.

What you really need is some adjustable shocks. Have you checked if the Vectra/Astra F-G ones fit on the Nubira ?

Really? What are you waiting for Tarlton then? :D
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

dude question do you still have the AC? because that down pipe is big, so with the a/c compressor dont know how you put it.
ImageImage
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

mocpac wrote:dude question do you still have the AC? because that down pipe is big, so with the a/c compressor dont know how you put it.
No AC on the car - this was scarafised a LOOOOONG time ago :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Efrain A. wrote:2 Step not 100% need it for you or the car bogs down that bad at the start?

Try to weight the car before you start taking out things.

What you really need is some adjustable shocks. Have you checked if the Vectra/Astra F-G ones fit on the Nubira ?

Really? What are you waiting for Tarlton then? :D
Busy making some adjustable schocks for the Woo - should get them this week sometime ;)

Tarlton meeting is beginning march - will try and make it :p :p :p