turbo installed but lines not on my daewoo leganza

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AntDX316
Junior

turbo installed but lines not on my daewoo leganza

Post by AntDX316 »

i had to cut the AC lines for it to fit but im going to reconnect them :)

the MSD ignition box is top right of picture 2
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

nice where do you guet the pipes?
ImageImage
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

is it much faster when u put the turbo? im thinking about putting turbo in mine also (how much it cost)
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

mocpac wrote:nice where do you guet the pipes?
ebay
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

buddha102 wrote:is it much faster when u put the turbo? im thinking about putting turbo in mine also (how much it cost)
im not sure how fast but i project at least 271hp because the evo is 2.0L with 19psi but doing the calculating percentage wise 2.2L at 15.29psi is eq. to 2.0L at 19psi at 271 and my wastegate springs r 17.4 and my intercooler pressure drop at 15psi is 0.2 to 0.5 the only problem is my exhaust piping is 2.25" with a superhigh flow catalytic converter and straight through magnaflow muffler

the total cost is like like 2-4k but i went all out with the electronics and fuel mods like MSD and GPS
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

AntDX316 wrote:
ebay
do you have the seller or item link, is an universal kit right?
ImageImage
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

...Err, not to burst your bubble, but 271 seems a mighty "optimistic" projection. You simply can't compare the Evo motors to the Leganza motors. The Evo 4G63-Turbo motor is designed to work with the turbo to maximize output. It has specially designed heads, internals, and engine management...you simply can't expect that much power from a stock motor. If you beef up internals, sky's the limit. The 2.2L would then be MUCH safer to run with higher levels of boost. I'm not just talking my best friend has an Evo IX MR and we've done extensive work on it, so I'm rather experienced with that engine.

Also, 15 PSI on a stock motor? I'm not seeing it. At least not long term. At that power, you may be able to get a couple of days out of the engine, but it WILL blow. You're safely looking at 5-6 PSI (MAYBE as high as 8). At those pressures, you're looking at about a 50% bump in engine power, putting you just shy of 200 HP... but don't get me wrong, thats GREAT in our cars. 271 is entirely realistic if you strengthen internals, but then you'd need to replace the clutch with a stronger unit.

Also, what engine management are you using? You will need something to correctly map fuel and control ignition, especially at higher boost setups. E-manage works well.And the MSD box you have...is that off-the-shelf, or is that one of the custom boxes some members fabbed up. Daewoo uses a DIS (Distributorless Igntion System) that simply doesn't work with the MSD coils.

But hey, best of luck to you, you have everything on the motor and it looks impressive, hope everything works out for the best!
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

BosnianLanos wrote:...Err, not to burst your bubble, but 271 seems a mighty "optimistic" projection. You simply can't compare the Evo motors to the Leganza motors. The Evo 4G63-Turbo motor is designed to work with the turbo to maximize output. It has specially designed heads, internals, and engine management...you simply can't expect that much power from a stock motor. If you beef up internals, sky's the limit. The 2.2L would then be MUCH safer to run with higher levels of boost. I'm not just talking my best friend has an Evo IX MR and we've done extensive work on it, so I'm rather experienced with that engine.

Also, 15 PSI on a stock motor? I'm not seeing it. At least not long term. At that power, you may be able to get a couple of days out of the engine, but it WILL blow. You're safely looking at 5-6 PSI (MAYBE as high as 8). At those pressures, you're looking at about a 50% bump in engine power, putting you just shy of 200 HP... but don't get me wrong, thats GREAT in our cars. 271 is entirely realistic if you strengthen internals, but then you'd need to replace the clutch with a stronger unit.

Also, what engine management are you using? You will need something to correctly map fuel and control ignition, especially at higher boost setups. E-manage works well.And the MSD box you have...is that off-the-shelf, or is that one of the custom boxes some members fabbed up. Daewoo uses a DIS (Distributorless Igntion System) that simply doesn't work with the MSD coils.

But hey, best of luck to you, you have everything on the motor and it looks impressive, hope everything works out for the best!
Apexi Neo

i already wired the MSD 6AL to it and it works :)

u just have to put the 2 wires to the MSD and the other 2 to the the plug :)

im sure 5-6 is coined by honda owners that do like 300hp on 5-6psi

the worse than can happen is a blown headgasket

im running 560cc with walbro MSD apexi neo denso iridium spark plugs and new spark plug wires with a high frequency spark converter so pre-ignition and detonation r highly unlikely cause im running super rich throughout the powerband untuned

no one really turbo charged a daewoo leganza stock engine to the limit of 17psi before so no one really knows what will happen maybe the engine can hold 24psi its just the name daewoo that people already perceive its crap quality

A quote from someone who posted in another forum tho im not sure about the facts "ItalDesigned, German Engineered, Austrailian built engine (Porsche developed engine), Transmission tuned by Lotus...and most importantly, Korean Built"

Korean Built is probably the Only flaw its like saying buying parts from intel r bad because they r made from china right?

the car is dying to be boosted :)

btw the car was bought used and it has as mild case of piston slap that dropped the compression ratio a bit so that could save my engine :)
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

things are looking good

as i told u before that same setup
450cc injectors, piggyback, stock fuel pump

217whp and 204tq 13-14psi

only difference i had cometic MLS .65 head gasket

270 is a lot ... doable
when i was @ the dyno i didnt upped the boost because i didnt wanted to distroy the tranny
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

Nubira2.2 wrote:things are looking good

as i told u before that same setup
450cc injectors, piggyback, stock fuel pump

217whp and 204tq 13-14psi

only difference i had cometic MLS .65 head gasket

270 is a lot ... doable
when i was @ the dyno i didnt upped the boost because i didnt wanted to distroy the tranny
yea
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Dude you have more in this car, spread in two or three post why don't you put all in just one. will be easier to see the updates in our ride.
ImageImage
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

mocpac wrote:Dude you have more in this car, spread in two or three post why don't you put all in just one. will be easier to see the updates in our ride.
yea well heres the copy and paste from car domain its not fully done i just finished cutting and attaching the bumper to the car

i had to remove the fog lights cause they were on the part i cut

i dont want to make a post for my car until its completely done

Exterior:
GP Thunder HID Kit
Fog Lights
Turn Signal Mod

Engine:
SharkRacing Strut Tower Bar
Mitsubishi TD05HR-16G6 Turbocharger
38mm 17.4psi Wastegate
2.5" Intercooler Tubing
2.25" Exhaust Piping with Resonator
Magnaflow Muffler and XtremeFlow Cat Converter
Blow Off Valve
560cc Injectors
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
360 Dynamics Under Drive Crank Pulley
Intercooler 20x12.5x3.5 Core Size
20,000 GWV Transmission Cooler
Blue Spark Plug Wires
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
Stromberg High Frequency Spark Converter
MSD 6AL Ignition Box
Optima Yellow Top D34/78 Battery

Suspension:
18" Enkei RS5 with Nitto NT555 22540R18 Z Rated
B+G Springs 1.6" drop
Red Calipers
Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors
Motul DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid (not silicon based)

In Car Electronics:
Scangauge 2
Apexi Neo S-AFC
Garmin Nuvi 200W GPS Navigation
Glowshift EGT Gauge
Glowshift Boost/AFR Gauge
Glowshift Oil Pressure Gauge
AEM UEGO Wideband AFR Gauge
Pioneer DEH-P6800MP in-dash reciever MOSFET 50x4 7-Band EQ
Pioneer TS-A6990R 80W RMS Rear Speakers 6x9
Polk Audio DB6750 100W RMS Front Speakers 6.75 (Component System)
Dynamat Xtreme Door Kit (Noise Supression)

In Progress Plans for Installation:
Greddy Oil Block Adapter
Oil Catch Can
EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads
Orange Electronic Retro-Fit Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Valentine One Radar Locator with Laser Warning
NavAlert Speed Camera Alert System
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

mocpac wrote:
AntDX316 wrote:
ebay
do you have the seller or item link, is an universal kit right?
universal kit yea

the other intercooler piping kit i had was for a miata or rx7 but i needed more pipes cause i bought the evo intercooler upgrade instead of using the smaller one for another car