What Engine?????

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mustang239

What Engine?????

Post by mustang239 »

will the opel turbo engine and trany fit in an 04 Chevy Optra?? Has any one done this?? besides the factory 2.0 D-tech.
MMamdouh

Re: What Engine?????

Post by MMamdouh »

i recon their will be engine mounts problems... but the engine bay space can take the mentioned engine and tranny

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: What Engine?????

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Yes, I can say 100% that the Opel turbo engine will work in an Optra but it takes a little work set it up correctly.

The other issue is that the Opels don't use the AC Delco or Delphi engine management systems and are completely different in every way.

That is to say the wiring would be the hardest part.

On the other hand if you switch over to a Megasquirt standalone ( as many Europeans have ) then you would probably actually decrease the amount of effort required for the install.

As far as anyone doing this..... well.... the current opel turbo Z20LET is not all that different from the 2.0L D-Tech.... your 2.0L was not made by Daewoo.... it came from Holden ( same as Opel )

It's probably just about the same price to purpose build a 2.0L Optra engine with forged components as it would be to purchase and ship a Z20LET or C20LET from Europe.

A "reasonable" build with forged parts will probably set you back about $3000.

As far as gearbox, the Z20LET will be mated to gearboxes that won't fit in your car very easily.... the older C20LET came with the F28 which can be put into the Optra ( as existance has on this board )

The problem with the C20LET and F28 is that they will most likely have a billion miles on them and parts are not easy to find.

I guess the question comes down to power handling capacity..... the factory 5 speed will take some punishment..... but you'd be hard pressed to make it push past 250hp as your daily driver.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos