ITB for Aveo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xiaogary
Junior

ITB for Aveo

Post by xiaogary »

Any one have any idea whether what size individual throttle body to use for aveo? 45mm or 48mm? I am thinking of using this set from civic to modify the intake flange to fit aveo.

I know civic also use bosch injectors which are direct fit for aveo/lanos bosch injectors. I also had a custom return line already done for fuel pressure control and a SARD fuel regulator, so no issues for fuel. Intend to put microtech stand alone ecu after the ITB mod.

But wonders what to do with the TPS sensor, idle control valve motor and MAP sensors which are on the stock intake manifold now. Also any issues with vacuum (the golden circlular thingy on manifold which looks like waste gate)?

Aveo intake manifold have EGR at the throttle body, TPS at throttle body and idle control motorise valve on torttle body. Not sure where is the MAP sensor though.

What is the circular thing and the 2 golden tube on the left most cylinder pipe near the manifold flange? Are they throttle position sensor and EGR (exos gas recirculation) ?

Aveo 1.7M DOHC
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

ITB's are so sexy :D

and that sound *shiver* :oops: ;)
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

It looks as though there is a spot for the TPS...it would have to be slightly modified, but it could most likely work. It doesn't look as though there are any spots for the IAC vavle, but with standalone management, you could most likely just bypass the signal or weld on a custom mount for the IAC. The MAP would work, no problem, just run a vacuum line from one of the bungs to the MAP sensor on the firewall.

Be wary though... ITBs are NOTORIOUSLY hard to tune. You will more than likely need a standalone computer and lots of time tuning the engine to get it to be able to idle and run right.