How To: Install M3 mirrors on your Lanos

Here you will find write-ups and other modifications, with pictures and instructions.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ubuyau
Expert

How To: Install M3 mirrors on your Lanos

Post by ubuyau »

Bolt on M3 mirrors http://www.ssv.com.au/cache/item-16882public.html
You'll need door base plates too http://www.ssv.com.au/cache/item-16892public.html
And a Phillips head screw driver! :smt023

Remove the triangle trim piece on the inside of the door to get to the screws that hold the mirror on.

Remove the three phillips head screws and take off the mirror.

Separate the mirror and the rubber seal. You'll need to re-use the rubber seal on the base plates for the door to seal out the air/water.

Mirror less 8)

The mirrors come with 12 screws (6 longer gold colour screws and 6 shorter silver screws).
The silver screws secure the mirror to the door base plate. There is no thread in the holes - they screw in tight so be careful not to crack them!!!

Then line up the mirrors back on the door and use the remaining gold screws to screw it into place using the original holes.
Don't forget to reuse the rubber seal!!!!
The plates are model specific so no modification required :smt023

There is a hole where the adjuster of the stock mirrors came thru on the triangle trim. You could maybe mount a tweeter in there, but i decided to trim it up to match the rest of the interior.

Go to something like a craft store and get some 50mm thick foam (or Clark Rubber in Australia - i got an enormous off-cut for $2AU). You can use 40mm thick then you won't have to compress it!

Remove the stock foam from the triangle trim and trace out the circle on the foam. Cut it out and test it fits.

I decided to use a bit of left over material i had from retrimming the interior to cover the foam. I stuck it back with electrical tape since i didnt want to deform the foam too much with a staple.
The finished product.

Looks the business :smt023

--Tim
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Nice work indeed!!!
Expert

Post by norbie »

Can you not adjust the new angle of the new mirrors then?
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

norbie wrote:Can you not adjust the new angle of the new mirrors then?
It uses a really fancy setup... fingers pushing on the mirror plates :smt005

--Tim