How To: solve "Water on the passenger side floor" issue

Here you will find write-ups and other modifications, with pictures and instructions.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

How To: solve "Water on the passenger side floor" issue

Post by MMamdouh »

Some of you experianced this issue where water starts dripping on the passenger side whenever the A/C is turned on, basically this is due to the fact that the drain pipe gets clogged and the condensation water in the A/C can't be drained outside the system.

to solve this problem you have to remove all the dirt that is clogging the drain pipe which is an easy task, the hard task is getting to the drain pipe as it is located on the fire wall under the steering rack at the passenger side of the car, i got a pic of a lanos with an empty engine bay with the mentioned drain pipe marked in red to give you an idea where to go when doing this job.

you can get to it with very good visual options from underneath the car or from the passenger side of the engine bay but you will be working blindly.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

More approaches to solve this issue

Post by MMamdouh »

There are several other places where you can get a leak:

1. I have leak through the bad seal under A/C filter (Nubira). Go to the self wash and apply stream of high pressure water on it. Next remove 2 nuts marked by green arrows and verify if you have any water inside. Similar test you can do to other places.

2. Dripping through the plastic base of the screw marked by red arrow. It is dripping into A/C filter (Nubira). It happens when the seal around it get bad. The best solution is to put some silicon around it.

3. Dripping through yellow plastic supporting the window. I have marked its position by yellow arrow but it is under this black cover.

4. Dripping through the roof. There is no factory sealing under the first 4 inches under the molding. The water is flowing next under the interior plastic. You may remove corner of the headlining and try to find the moisture or ... apply window cleaner on the roof and compressor pipe over the headlining. If the leak is there you will get bubbles on the top of car. Again the solution is to put some silicon under the rubber.

5. If the car was crashed or windshield replaced it could be a small distance between the window and the body - liquid seal has to be used.

6. Also after the crush factory sealing between metal part under the hood could be cracked and must be corrected.

7. There is a rubber cap inside the floor and some people claimed that the moisture is coming through the hole if the cap is lost.

8. Next possible place is the door. It could drip through the door hangers (into the car) or through the window seal (it is leaking first into the door).

I hope it helps other people.

this info is introduced to the community by Irek
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267