How to: Paint the front lights and make them ANGEL EYES

Here you will find write-ups and other modifications, with pictures and instructions.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i hooked mine up to the parking lights and with the lights all the way on you can't see the blue at all unless your really close.

nik

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

lanos2001 wrote:i hooked mine up to the parking lights and with the lights all the way on you can't see the blue at all unless your really close.

nik
but its probably best to switch it so u have more control over lights tho... u just have to make the ground end to the car then the red end to the switch then the other switch end to the battery :)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah i know. i'm just too lazy though. :D

nick

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Daew0Leganza wrote:
lanos2001 wrote:i hooked mine up to the parking lights and with the lights all the way on you can't see the blue at all unless your really close.

nik
but its probably best to switch it so u have more control over lights tho... u just have to make the ground end to the car then the red end to the switch then the other switch end to the battery :)
how much more control do you need? When the lights are you, you can't see angel eyes anyways. When the lights are off, just turn parking lights on and there you have it. Don't want the angel eyes, then don't turn your parking lights on. You have all the control you need if you connect them to the parking lights.
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

AcingTeam wrote:
Daew0Leganza wrote:

nik
how much more control do you need? When the lights are you, you can't see angel eyes anyways. When the lights are off, just turn parking lights on and there you have it. Don't want the angel eyes, then don't turn your parking lights on. You have all the control you need if you connect them to the parking lights.
theres just more control if u do switch for the angel rings then led some bulb to the switch so when its on the led comes on
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

its done... 3 days worth of work... putting the headlights back into the oven 10 times... losing 1 10mm socket on the last installation of the last headlight screw... its done... also my ground wires came in... put those in during angel rings installation

with the switch u can turn it on and off... doesnt take very long to put some switch in... on my leganza it seems like some lexus is300 at night... the angel rings r on the high beams but the switchs seperate so u can turn the rings on and off without turning on any other lights... had to cut then smallen the rings to fit then replace the white bulbs instead of the blue LEDs on the rings

the way the car is now at nights so sweet... wish there was some cam on me
woodae
Super

ring size

Post by woodae »

i am going to make the rings my self and i need to know the diameter of the rings so i can make them before i put the lights in the toaster, thanks guys
woodae
Super

ASAP

Post by woodae »

chriz_woo

Which Ones?

Post by chriz_woo »

Hey All.

I am new to the site and this is my first post.

I was wondering if you just put the CCFL tube on the light or you replaced the globes with the Angel Eye Kit.

If so, what globes did you use??

Cheers.
UNFKNBLVBL.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

most made theire rings, there is a how to some where on the forum

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
daewhorider
Junior

Angel Eyes

Post by daewhorider »

Where do you get these angel eyes?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

ebay
heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-BRIGHT-ANGEL- ... dZViewItem

if you do decide to do this mod it will come with four angel eyes you will need to cut off two of them but not the ones that are connected to a little resistor chip. if you cut those then you're screwed unless you try to reconnect them.

nick

daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

lanos2001 wrote:ebay
heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-BRIGHT-ANGEL- ... dZViewItem

if you do decide to do this mod it will come with four angel eyes you will need to cut off two of them but not the ones that are connected to a little resistor chip. if you cut those then you're screwed unless you try to reconnect them.

nick
Ok will i be able to pick this up at autozone or pep boys or somthing. And what do you guys bean by putting lights in ovens is it only if you paint em or what? Kind of confused but i tihnk when i get these things on its gonna look so clean.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i think you can get them at pepboys. and you have to put the lights in the oven to seperate the lights from the backing of it so you can put the lights in and/or paint them. basically it softens the silicone sealing so you can take it apart.

nick

surfer1192

Post by surfer1192 »

So when you finish installing the angel eyes and painting, you should put the head lights in the oven again so you could seal them again??