How to: Paint the front lights and make them ANGEL EYES

Here you will find write-ups and other modifications, with pictures and instructions.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mocpac

How to: Paint the front lights and make them ANGEL EYES

Post by mocpac »

by: JORGE (this is his LANOS)
translate by: Mocpac_Ser

How to make angel eyes

This is the process of how to paint and make angel eyes for your front lights.

Before

------

Step 1
-Remove Screws and the plugs

Step II

-This is the complex part. You have to remove the 2 metal clips from the lights, and all removable parts (caps, bulbs, plastic rings etc.)

-Put the lights in conventional oven at 250 degree for 15 min, in a oven plate no directly over the grill. (make one at a time)

-Use a thin solid plastic stick to separate the plastic cover. Do not use a metal stick (like a screw driver), or you can break them.

---
The car w/o the lights

Step III - Paint

If you dont want to paint this area (blue in the pic) use tape, don't use a strong tape or you will remove the chrome area.

Step IV - The angel eyes

I use a strap for the lower area (make a little hole), and super glue for the upper area.

Step V

put back the lighrs and conect the angel eyes to the connect the angel eyes to the parking lights. The plugs contain 3 terminals. center is ground. for check who is the terminal of the parking lights. you turn on the parking lights with a tester you check this.(updated)

Step VI

Repeat the step II to close them back. (mocpac_ser)- I recomend to use pluming clear silicon to renforce plastic cover so no umidity enter to the lights.

You are DONE.

Last edited by mocpac on Mon May 02, 2005 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

what are the effects of painting the inner section of silver... the area that is masked off with blue above?? does this dull your lights dramatically? i would think it would give a projector feel.... any input?
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

well rusty2k pait the entire lights and said that he no get any problem... I have to check that.
ImageImage
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

now did he make the angel eyes from the mini-blind rods or did he install ones that were already made like on ebay and stuff?

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

QUESTION 1: You are saying to connect the angel eyes to the signal/parking wiring... but they when you turn the blinker, would the angel eyes blink as well?
QUESTION 2: What type of paint do you guys recommend and where to buy to paint the inner headlights?

BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

To Audacityracing: Everyone I have talked to has only painted the outside non-reflector black or color matched it to their car, painting the inner masked off reflector wouldn't give you a projector feel, it would just dull your lights.

To lanos2001: Those sure as hell look like premade ones, cause mine didn't light up half as nice, but maybe he is really good at making them.

To AcingTeam: The parking light has 3 wires going to it, a ground wire, a blinker wire, and a constant source wire. If you have noticed when someone had their turning lights on, they never go out, they only get brighter from the present condition, so if you wire the halos to the constant source, they will not blink, but stay on all the time. As for paint, I think regular auto paint would work, it should stand up to the little bit of extra heat their is.
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

no,no,no I dont, connect the angel eyes to the signal lights, I connect the angel eyes to the parking lights. The plugs contain 3 terminals. center is ground. for check who is the terminal of the parking lights. you turn on the parking lights. with a tester you check this.
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

that is true BosnianLanos
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Great work by the way jorge, I'm going to try something similar later when I get my skills up enough so that I don't crack my headlight.
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

no the headlight is hard
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

nice how to man... i am going to get tot the painting job and i already got the paint, mask tape and transparent silicon but i am not going to do the oven thing... i am scared to death that i might end up with cooked headlights... got tot find another way arround. :roll: :idea:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

nice how to man... i am going to get tot the painting job and i already got the paint, mask tape and transparent silicon but i am not going to do the oven thing... i am scared to death that i might end up with cooked headlights... got tot find another way arround.
i bet a heat gun would work but be very very slow. i'll probably try the heat gun idea (maybe two heat guns to get more surface coverage)whenever i get around to this mod. especially since i have the headlight covers. or i can just not be lazy and take them off (double sided tape) if i can find a set of halo's from autozone or something then it'll be sooner than later.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I've practiced enough with my taillights, so I hope headlights wouldn't be a problem. What I'm planning to do is this.... Paint the insides of the headlights red (to match my car) and add angel eyes... should look like this (Very HOT!!):

This will be my next project :D :D
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

hey I have an all silver car and would like to keep it that way for the most part, but I really like the way that the lights look with the black trim, does anyone think that it would look cool to have my car all silver and then have the headlight rim painted black with a black mesh grill?
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

delphis wrote:hey I have an all silver car and would like to keep it that way for the most part, but I really like the way that the lights look with the black trim, does anyone think that it would look cool to have my car all silver and then have the headlight rim painted black with a black mesh grill?

very much so yes