Lanos Sport exterior package?

Are you looking for something? Let the people know. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woodang

Lanos Sport exterior package?

Post by woodang »

Hi all its been a while.
I am trying to locate the part numbers or a oem dealer for the front and rear bumper covers, side skirts and rear spoiler on the 2001 lanos.
I have gone to all the scrap / pull your own parts yards in ohio none to be found or are in damaged condition. I like the look of the factory body kit. i suppose i could piece it altogether if there are any parts to be had.

thanks all
happy motoring
Roric
01 Lanos
Looking to make something out of my lanos
Looking for links for bolt on products for my woo any help?
-the garage
1991 honda accord ex sedan stock
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Completely stock with 27xxx
1991 Yamaha xj600s 600cc
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Lanos Sport exterior package?

Post by gse_turbo »

there are several people here selling lanos sport body kits in the classified section.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Also note that if you want the sport spoiler you're going to need to replace the rear hatch as it bolts through the glass.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
woodang

Post by woodang »

thanks
i'll keep that in mind. i may just stay with the lower half of the vehicle. i'm still searching. went to the dealer to replace some linkage bushings or the whole thing between the firewall and tranny. well nothing in stock for any woo. body parts they gave me a website that they use for their collision center which is; www.actioncrash.com we'll see how they work I'll keep plugging. Todays project... dropping the tranny and replacing it with a newer trans. the old gear box crapped out... 1-3-5 decide to make special guest appearances and not all at the same time. 2nd and 4th are great. oh well. i just can't remember the torque specs on the wheel nut. doh!! i thinks its 125lbs but i am not positive. happy motoring....
roric
01 Lanos
Looking to make something out of my lanos
Looking for links for bolt on products for my woo any help?
-the garage
1991 honda accord ex sedan stock
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Completely stock with 27xxx
1991 Yamaha xj600s 600cc
2woo4you0

Post by 2woo4you0 »

daewooluvr wrote:Also note that if you want the sport spoiler you're going to need to replace the rear hatch as it bolts through the glass.
Or use BMW spoiler glue or 3M window weld. Check the post in FAQ or How-to section. I recently updated it with what I learned in my research.
On a side note, the cheapest quote I got for the sports rear glass was over $675 without labor. It may have been $850 or that was the avrg price between several places I called, not sure.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

2woo4you0 wrote:
daewooluvr wrote:Also note that if you want the sport spoiler you're going to need to replace the rear hatch as it bolts through the glass.
Or use BMW spoiler glue or 3M window weld. Check the post in FAQ or How-to section. I recently updated it with what I learned in my research.
On a side note, the cheapest quote I got for the sports rear glass was over $675 without labor. It may have been $850 or that was the avrg price between several places I called, not sure.
So you're saying we should cut off the bolts that woudl have normally went through the glass to bolt on and glue it on?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
2woo4you0

Post by 2woo4you0 »

daewooluvr wrote:
2woo4you0 wrote:
So you're saying we should cut off the bolts that woudl have normally went through the glass to bolt on and glue it on?
Considering if you could even find someone that could drill the glass they take the chance and the fact that the price of the rear glass with the holes is double the cost of the glass without. Yes I do.

Oh but I should add I'm fairly sure you wouldn't need to replace the hatch to bolt the spoiler. My lanos is the non-sport and it appears to have the holes needed in the hatch to bolt the spoiler. Just not the holes in the glass of course.
AndreA

Post by AndreA »

woodang wrote:Hi all its been a while.
I am trying to locate the part numbers or a oem dealer for the front and rear bumper covers, side skirts and rear spoiler on the 2001 lanos.
I have gone to all the scrap / pull your own parts yards in ohio none to be found or are in damaged condition. I like the look of the factory body kit. i suppose i could piece it altogether if there are any parts to be had.

thanks all
happy motoring
Roric

Hi.
I want to show you some pictures of the exterior details.
They have a good quality, the same as in the original parts.
Made of ABS plastic