I am the only Opel Astra 1.4i owner in all of the USA.

Are you looking for something? Let the people know. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

willyowill

I am the only Opel Astra 1.4i owner in all of the USA.

Post by willyowill »

Hello, I need headlights for my F Opel astra int the usa , will a pontiac Leman fit? I am trying toput a pontiac clutch in my Opel today, any help on parts in the us would be appreciated.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: I am the only Opel Astra 1.4i owner in all of the USA.

Post by gse_turbo »

the Astra MK2/Kadett E is the same as the Pontiac Lemans. The F is newer and not available here.

the clutch discs are the same as long as you are using the right diameter. the pressure plate is another story, it depends on what flywheel you have. if you don't have the clutch kit yet I can get you straightened out.

is there anything else you are looking for?

Garrett
willyowill

Post by willyowill »

The pontiac 1.6l clutch was not even close to my 1.4i astra, the splines were even different, however I did not witness myself , these differences.

so , I may just change the through out bearing and adjust to get a little more use out of what I have, however the preasure plate may have lost some of its spring , not sure how to restore that , maybe hit it with the torch????

I found a 89 pontiac lemans parts car for a few $100 buck near me ,but not sure how usefull it would be . I need headlights now and may have to get after market projector style lights out of germany , really all i need is the glass lenses, made by Hella i think.

my email is: email2willy@aol.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Just buy your parts from the UK, there are lots of guys who will ship to the USA.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

this might seem like a silly question, but why did you buy an astra if it's the only one in america?

and if you imported it, why did you import the 1.4!!!???!!! hahaha
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

willyowill wrote:The pontiac 1.6l clutch was not even close to my 1.4i astra, the splines were even different, however I did not witness myself , these differences.

so , I may just change the through out bearing and adjust to get a little more use out of what I have, however the preasure plate may have lost some of its spring , not sure how to restore that , maybe hit it with the torch????

I found a 89 pontiac lemans parts car for a few $100 buck near me ,but not sure how usefull it would be . I need headlights now and may have to get after market projector style lights out of germany , really all i need is the glass lenses, made by Hella i think.

my email is: email2willy@aol.com
good to know, yes, since you have the 1.4 the clutch will be a little different, the 1.6 is the more common "small block" Opel motor here in the states. I can build whatever clutch you need. typically the the F16 of the D16 transmissions are used here (many others are as well) and they use a 16-spline input shaft. The F28 and the Isuzu gearbox uses the 14-spline. both clutch disc hubs are available to me and because we build our clutch kits we can make them with any diameter, in any style and in just about any materials you could want.
willyowill

Post by willyowill »

good to know , about the great access to clutch parts and custom kits.

embaresed to say that the clutch was fine , I failed to check the cv joint and that was the problem, should have one in thursday from NAPA as they counted splines and ordered a 90-93 Lemans axle.

I really need help with THE HEADLIGHTS both are cracked, could just try to find Hella lens and save $
however the after market stuff is cheap and offers some custom looks, like ANGEL EYES and PROJECTOR STYLE .I had a manufacture in china set up to ship DHL but lost contact with that one guy who could read my emails