Espero by Viper

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

you guys know i offer a disc conversion for the lanos right?

click on thr picture to link to the thread

garrett
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

you can even buy everything new if you want to like I did it only cost me $347 for everthing and its not hard to find parts for a saturn :)
2.0 engine swap in the works
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

gse_turbo wrote:you guys know i offer a disc conversion for the lanos right?

click on thr picture to link to the thread

garrett
Why do you need this? :roll:
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

well because in Europe the rear disc setup has the caliper mount built into the hub. needless to say, those parts are not available west of the UK. this caliper bracket makes it so you can use the disc conversion from another, unrelated, GM car.
Viper

Post by Viper »

MMamdouh wrote:
Viper wrote:the vectra´s axle is wider than my old one about 1,5 cm, that is when you put the wheels on , they are 1,5 cm wider
thats what i am talking about... is this good or bad for handling?

MMamdouh
as MrG said ..it's 1,5 cm , so it doesnt matter..just imagine for instance the difference in the width when you change your rims for winter ones..in my case, the difference is then about 10 cm :lol:
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

viper sorry for hi-jacking your thread. your car is really clean and your disc conversion is perfect. so what's in the plans for the future?
Viper

Post by Viper »

we will se..the first thing now is an engine swap ..I will try to do something about it in the next month or two ..you will be informed about everything...
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

To the guys doing the rear disks, why not use a Lemans rear suspension arm? They should be exactly the same. The lanos was based around them, as were the nexias [racr/cielo]

I'm doing a swap on my Daewoo Nexia at the minute, the rear suspension arm from a Vauxhall Astra GTE [Opel Kadett GSI / Pontiac Lemans]

It, like the daewoo one, has an anti sway bar on the inside of the beam, and on the outside. And disks of course.

Btw, Viper, car's looking very well man, keep us posted
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

I dont think that the lemans aka astra mk2 came with rear disc over on this side of the pond
2.0 engine swap in the works
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

we don't have lemans here and the mk2 astras are waaaaaay too rare to find one... only thing that is available and cheap enough are vectra's so thats were my focus goes

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Viper wrote:we will se..the first thing now is an engine swap ..I will try to do something about it in the next month or two ..you will be informed about everything...
did you think of a turbo?? :badgrin:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Pir0 wrote:To the guys doing the rear disks, why not use a Lemans rear suspension arm? They should be exactly the same. The lanos was based around them, as were the nexias [racr/cielo]

I'm doing a swap on my Daewoo Nexia at the minute, the rear suspension arm from a Vauxhall Astra GTE [Opel Kadett GSI / Pontiac Lemans]

It, like the daewoo one, has an anti sway bar on the inside of the beam, and on the outside. And disks of course.

Btw, Viper, car's looking very well man, keep us posted
i have an MK2 Lemans GSE (the best of the lemans in the states) and not even those came with rear disks. if you have an MK2 in the states you have to convert to the lanos rear beam because on the lemans the avle is pressed in and welded, the lanos is just bolted on.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

That's strange, what engine came in the GSE? The 2.0 16v [redtops] engined mk2 Astras came with rear disks over here, I need bigger calipers for mine though, they're tiny ^^

I'm gonna be painting my rear suspension arm soon, so I'll get a pic up for the disks, before they're put on and after
SAZ
---------------------
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Pir0 wrote:That's strange, what engine came in the GSE? The 2.0 16v [redtops] engined mk2 Astras came with rear disks over here, I need bigger calipers for mine though, they're tiny ^^

I'm gonna be painting my rear suspension arm soon, so I'll get a pic up for the disks, before they're put on and after
the GSE came with a 2.0 8v with throttle body injection, they would have had desent power potential but with one big injector in the middle of the air way it kinda messes that up.

until '98 the US never legally had a red top or 16v motor in a car. we picked right up with the ecotecs and we've never had a stronger tranny than the F16 or now the D16.

CHRIS or EFRAIN we might need to take the posts that aren't about Vipers car and move them to a new thread, matbe 'Lemans GSE/Optima GSI specs' in this thread. i'd like to contunue the topic but not on Vipers car specs.

garrett
Viper

Post by Viper »

Hi all... I have a few updates ..it's still a work in progress :D .. I'm swapping in a C20XE tuned a bit ..measured at dyno-brake 172 HP :P

here are a few pics ..I will update them soon ..

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

By ViperZG

I will post some new pics at the end of the week ;)

and please write your comment in english if you can ;)