GsiTurbo 2.0L 16V Turbo buildup ***DYNORUN 236WHP 255WTQ***

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Removed non-thread related posts - all the ARP info has been covered on this forum over and over. Please use search button first.

Post by Nubira2.2 »

GsiTurbo wrote:It was cometic... I installed 3 Cometic gaskets in total on 3 different vehicles - one failed (mine). On the other hand, Nubira 2.2 is using same gasket and he had no problems that I know of.
thats correct im using Cometic head gasket and have no problem so far
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
bark3ru20sed

Post by bark3ru20sed »

Hello everybody! My name is andrew, and im new to this forum. I own a 2005 suzuki reno (u20sed) and I love it. I have bought tons of books and info about turbochargers and engines, and i plan on doing a diy project on my reno, i have been looking around this forum for a little less than a month and putting a little bit of info about my engine together. I planned on buying a spare engine from a dealer here in the states to build up and hopefully later on turbo'n it lol....Unfortunatley last week i was working and accidentally cut my hand, severing several tendons and nerves, making my hand usless (dont have feeling or movement in my left hand) for several months.... :( I wanted to tell the thread starter that you engine looks very beautiful... very clean. I was also wondering if you knew if toga make rods for my car, and if wiseco made pistons and gaskets for my car. I have looked but havent found anything yet!!! I would appreciate all the help thank you
velocity

Post by velocity »

nice project man, a lot of proper investments ;)

talking for engine management - what you think for Mega Squirt 2 ? The most cheapest stand alone will be a lot better instead of these Nubira hybrids :D And will give you the perfect A\F ratio once tuned .

keep up :!:

PS - do this exaust header comes from Brasil :?: :idea:
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

As far as the Megasquirt 2 goes, yes it would work. I worked with MSnS-Extra in the past and friend's project car run well. As far as my car goes, I use combination of 'toys', as there are more than adequate for the job. Besides, there is already a baseline. I also have wideband installed so I will also have perfect A/F under boost. In NA mode it already has perfect A/F as it runs off OE ECU.

Never the less, as an update, the replacement headgasket arrived today.

OEM MLS Z20LET headgasket - as used on factory turbocharged Astra G, and the new Astra VXR

Note the coolant lines 'cutouts'....these are not present in the factory nor Cometic gasket. Should help with the cylinder head cooling.

Overall, the gasket looks amazing - I cant comment yet on seealing LOL I will know in a month.

Post by gse_turbo »

so sight your source!

garrett
Last edited by gse_turbo on Tue May 29, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Also, this gasket requires no drilling.

As far as the source goes I got if from migweb, I exchanged it for spare C20XE Cometic gasket I had. Postage to Canada was GBP 4.32, got it in about 1.5 weeks.

I hear Regal and Courtney Sport carry them. I'd ask on migweb.

Tom

Post by Lao »

This headgasket looks REALLY awsome. How did it cost (total) ?
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

GsiTurbo wrote:
Overall, the gasket looks amazing - I cant comment yet on seealing LOL I will know in a month.
HEY TOM, your engine is a freak of nature LOL! Actually, looks quite familiar... more on that later

I can speak for the seal of the Z20LET gasket. After 29psi at 4000rpm ("oops" wastegate accident) it still held together with ARP studs. I also run a Victor Gaskets steel "head saver" shim on top and bottom of that gasket to reduce compression. I ised some copper spray on all sides of everything and the engine makes 360+whp on 20psi with no problems at all.

You are going to LOVE that Super 60! You will also like the .48a/r turbine housing. Mine is an .80 and it WAYYY too big. I plan to go down to the .63 soon.

I can;t wait to see your run! Anxious for dyno numbers. And since we are on the same side of the big pond, maybe some day we can meet up!
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

gse_turbo wrote:so sight your source!

garrett
I got one from Wallace Racing, but I think you could get one from any Vaux dealer in the UK or Opel anywhere else. It's a factory GM part! it was about 95USD, the same as a Cometic.
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

thats the best headgasket we can get
which i had that part number before i ordered mine
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

As an update, the headgasket has been replaced with the Z20LET unit (Opel Astra G). Perfect fitment and no leakage problems whatsoever. Now I need to put another 400km on the motor (or so), and then start boosting :)

Post by mr_g »

Nice project man! Alto the inlet air filter is on bad position. It sucks all the hot air, and after compressing it, it would get too hot to cool it in IC...
decyphex
Junior

Post by decyphex »

So whats the progress dood?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

mr_g wrote:Nice project man! Alto the inlet air filter is on bad position. It sucks all the hot air, and after compressing it, it would get too hot to cool it in IC...
Your wrong on that one.... there is a rather large gap between the radiator and the body right where the filter sits.... so it's sucking air directly from outside in a direct path.

It's by far the best choice of position considering the fact that he:

1) it's high above the ground to reduce risk of water into the inlet
2) it has a direct path to open air and therefore sucks air in at ambient temperature
3) the tubing from the filter to the turbo is minimized to reduce drag and help with spool up.

Tom's computer is dead right now (smoked a power supply) but he should be up and running soon.

He's boosted the car here and there, and he has dyno time booked Sunday afternoon with our friend that owns a local performance shop (if he can get some time to come down and open the shop)

I will probably go down tommorow and help with tuning the car if my schedule isn't too hectic.

So fingers crossed... it should be making some serious horsepower by tommorow night.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos