2.0L 8V turbo C20GET Lemans

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

2.0L 8V turbo C20GET Lemans

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well... Tom and I finally drove down to Victoria, BC, Canada to pick up the turbo Lemans I bought last November.

We have all kinds of videos and pictures from the trip through the mountains.... mostly on Tom's camera so we will post some "project" information soon.

The car great!! and crazy fast :shock:

The trip was about 800 miles each way so we had plenty of time to "fool around"

Tom drove the car most of the way as he is very familiar with both the chassis and motor.

The engine is a stock C20GET but it was rebuilt by a performance shop and I am pretty sure they did a really good job.

I have a feeling that it's going to dyno in far above the stock 165hp 175lb ft of torque.

That engine in that chassis is scary :twisted: I can't get traction until third gear even with medium throttle the first two gears spin the tires like crazy.

It's far more than I expected to see from this car.... this engine kills my 87 Sunbird GT Turbo ( 220,000km on that C20GET )

We did manage to rack up some rather large speeding tickets but all in all it was a really fun trip.

At one point a jackass in a red pickup pulled over in front of us while we were both pulled over by a cop....and he started telling the cop how we were reckless drivers passing multiple cars on double solid lines.

Luckily the cop just gave us tickets for speeding... but she did phone in all the police stations ahead of us for about four hours to make sure that they knew we were coming.

We left very early friday morning and got back at 3am last night.... needless to say.... we are both extreemly tired.

Updates on the project will start soon..... hopefully I will be able to get it up and on the road within a few weeks.... depends on a few factors.... I might just trailer it around to various places for now.
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:45 am, edited 8 times in total.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Sorry to hear about the tickets ... but the car sounds great!

I (and many more of us) can not wait to see pics and video! :)

We need pics of everything ... outisde, inside, engine bay, etc.

Thanks!!!
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

wow that's awesome! Except the ticket part...
kinkyllama
Expert

Re: My new Turbo C20GET Lemans

Post by kinkyllama »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote:
At one point a jackass in a red pickup pulled over in front of us while we were both pulled over by a cop....and he started telling the cop how we were reckless drivers passing multiple cars on double solid lines.

Luckily the cop just gave us tickets for speeding... but she did phone in all the police stations ahead of us for about four hours to make sure that they knew we were coming.
:shock: Are you kidding? What an ass! I cant beleive someone actually did that.

Anyways, the car sounds fun!
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Here are a few pics.... Tom has most of them... I have to download them onto my system.

Here is my Optra and my "Passport Optima/Pontiac Lemans/ Opel Astra" at the summit of the only part of the trip with snow

Here is a good pic of our "In Transit" cardboard license plate :lol:

We can't put a real plate on... they gave me an "In Transit" sticker to place on the windshield.... the car can't be registered until it is inspected.

Here is the wonderfull steel epoxy fix on the radiator...

2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

wow... i had been scoping out a KDM license plate... but i might go with that instead. that carboard is damn sexy :lol:
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I just realized that I didn't mention our fun "squirting radiator" experience.

A rock flew up and puntured my Sunbird GT Turbo radiator (which I brought from Edmonton for the repair of the car )

I bought a new radiator ( $165.00 :cry: ) but we tried to make due with some steel epoxy.

It worked great.... no leaks all the way home.

I'm going to return the unused radiator and pick up a performance rad sometime soon
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

so definatly... are Reds faster?

lol, mine is silver tho

Its nice to see that you definatly got a propper proyect car. have fun with it :D

Lots of snow there.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Here is the "before" picture..... the car wasn't exactly in great shape on the front end :roll: But then again.... I bought it for $1000 and the guy spent over $8000 so I guess I made out pretty well. :D

Luckily nothing was damaged on the engine... the radiator was mashed up but that was a simple repair (brought my rad from my 87 Subird GT Turbo )

Here is a picture of me pulling out the upper unibody structure.

We used a ratcheting tie down strap attached to the tow hook of my Optra to pull the sheet metal back out.

Tom did most of the structural work on the front end.... he did a great job of getting together enough to mount the lights, bumper, radiator, hood.

Over all it took us about eight hours to get it up and running with everything installed.... but we spent about three of those hours getting supplies from a local Canadian Tire store ( like WalMart but specializing more in tools and auto parts )

I'd like to thank Tom for his help..... he disassebled parts of his Lemans back home so that we could get the car back safely.... without his help the only way it would have made the trip would be on the back of my trailer.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

does that breather drip oil all over creation in that configuration? it looks like the oil would pool in taht filter from gravity
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Over all it was a great trip.... a little longer than I would have liked but we got it done so that's all that counts.

I will hopefully be fixing her up fairly soon... I will probably throw it on the trailer and take it for a dyno sometime in the next week or two.

Tom is selling me his intercooler setup so the car should be making some serious power in no time flat

Other than the intercooler and radiatior I won't be doing too much to the engine.... some ARP rod bolts... perhaps new injectors... I might swap in my SAFC II since I have a piggy back for my Optra 5 turbo engine.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Audacityracing wrote:does that breather drip oil all over creation in that configuration? it looks like the oil would pool in taht filter from gravity
I'm not sure what your calling a "breather"...... if you mean the intake filter.... it's about 6" higher than the turbo.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

no no... the crank breather... comes out of teh top left of the cam case and goes down to the mini-filter
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Oh ya.... I forgot it has a crankcase ventilation tube out there.... it's been a while since I had a fully assembled C20GET :roll:

I can't comment about the oil..... I've only had the car for a few days so I don't know if it leaks oil out there.... I didn't see anything so I don't imagine it's too bad.... I could allways install a catch tank if need be.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

man that is goin to be a bad ass car!!!!! hell it already is from the engine pics but it's gonna be 100% when ya'll are done with it. can't wait to see more pics.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.