Domwoo's turbo project (got some new goodeis!!!! ) page 7

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

The 2-bar and 3-bar sensors use the same plug. They are NOT the same as the 1-bar sensor, so most GM cars will not have the correct plug. You can order one from Delco, just make sure it's for the 87-90 Sunbird turbo.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

picked up the map sensor.. the only thing different about the plug is the little post that insure you are putting the plug in the right direction are in different locations.. nothing a little dremel cant handle
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

Make the needed slit with a razor blade. (Be careful not to slice your finger like I did the last time I performed the above.)
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

took it for a short spin.. boosted to 5 psi and i must have forgot to tightin a hose clamp.. HEHE sounded like a blow off valve from hell

i could feel it pull from 2 psi to 5 psi till it blew off, actually gave it quite the difference in power

now i need to purchase a wide band so i can tune this thing

got an oil leak somewhere and is leaking oil everywhere but not a big leak, so i need ti find out where that is and fix it
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

DomWoo wrote:
got an oil leak somewhere and is leaking oil everywhere but not a big leak, so i need ti find out where that is and fix it
Leaking oil everywhere is a big leak! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure it's not the oil return from the turbo. A friend pumped out 4qts of oil on the ground without knowing it and blew his B13 Mazda rotary turbo engine. Never use rubber hose anywhere in the oil system, it swells and splits. Use only silicone.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

it was my fittings.. they were leaking.. i ordered some AN fittings and hose a new filter sandwich adapter with 4 1/8" fitting outlets new turbo oil flanges with a 1/32" restricted inlet flang to keep the bearings from leakin

now i just need to get some time to put it all in
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

i thinks this is the GM part number for the 2bar map sensor

GM part # 16009886

from

1-93 GMC Syclone & Typhoon 4.3 turbo
87-90 Pontiac Sunbird Turbo 2.0
84-86 Sunbird (actually any J-car) turbo 1.8
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

DomWoo wrote:it was my fittings.. they were leaking.. i ordered some AN fittings and hose a new filter sandwich adapter with 4 1/8" fitting outlets new turbo oil flanges with a 1/32" restricted inlet flang to keep the bearings from leakin

now i just need to get some time to put it all in
If you are using a filter sandwich adapter and taking your turbo oil feed off of it, make sure you are using a filtered outlet. There may be an outlet that is pre-filter that would be o.k. for an oil pressure gauge, but not to feed the turbo.
JC

Post by JC »

i currently have the 2-bar gm map sensor and ihave the 2.0 nubira injectors on the lanos 1.6, i have an fmu but is disconnected and i cant seem tomake the car run good on boost with the safc-2. either too rich or too lean, does anyone know which "IN" "OUT" setting they have on the safc that works good?
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

areu tuning with wideband ?

AFR?
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
ghostrecon_718

Post by ghostrecon_718 »

i need one also where can i order one
ms.woo_butterfly

Post by ms.woo_butterfly »

dom in that video what kinda wheels do u have in the woo?
shapinoweno

Post by shapinoweno »

ok, so did you use bigger injectors? im usure from your posts. I am getting ready to buold my turbo kit, and i want to go ahed and order e-manage, but i need to know what else i need for tuning.
So i need:
blue e-manage, but what harnesses do i need to buy?
2 bar map sensor
what about the injectors, and a new fuel pump.

if you could please post a list of what i am going to need on the tuning side that would be great. anyways awsome work man, congrats on the turbo set up. i watch your vid at least a couple of times a day.

cant wait to see it when tuning is done.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

wow its been awhile... doesnt seem like it but it has..

sorry guys but i have been away from the interent for the past few months.. i bought a house and didnt have anytime or interent to read up on what was going on..
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

You never go to a dyno in the lanos??? Or got to the track for times???
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!