Domwoo's turbo project (got some new goodeis!!!! ) page 7

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

so i can run 2bar sensor and 450cc injectors and run the car meanwhile it get the money for tuning ?

i found this 2 bar sensor made by CraneCams

http://www.cranecams.com/index.php?show ... 4&prt=1980

my 450cc's and walbro pump are comming this friday :P
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

I see a FMU in your stats... do not use the FMU if you install the 450's. The effect of installing 450's would normally be way too much inj pulse width for that size inj (remember the pcm thinks it's fueling the engine with stock inj) and it will be so rich, it won;t run. BUT, if you install the 2-bar MAP sensor, your pcm will think there is more vacuum at any given MAP sensor voltage than there really is and will reduce the inj pulse width accordingly.

NOTE: This is by no means a direct install and perfect solution!!!! The MAP sensor connector will need to be changed and a 2-bar from a 87-90 turbo Sunbird installed. Don't waste your money on a Comp sensor, it's the exact same part. Go to NAPA or Autozone and pick one up.

This will reduce the over-rich tendancy when installing the oversize injectors. It still may be way too rich OR it could be too lean even. That is why a SAFC ir mini-AFC or SMT-5, 6, 7 must be also be used. Ideally, someone (like me) would go into the Daewoo pcm and disassemble the code so I/we can tune them for all these variables.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

thats a good bit of info.. the map sensor has been the biggest problem so far so i hope that it will solve the problem
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

DomWoo wrote:thats a good bit of info.. the map sensor has been the biggest problem so far so i hope that it will solve the problem
It won't solve anything, only make it easier to tune with larger injectors and a AFC. No more FMU needed. Stock f.p. regulator is boost sensitive, so just hook it back to manifold vaccum/boost. You might still need to add/take away fuel with the AFC.

And no more voltage clamp needed (unless you run over 15psi.)
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

the car runs and drives right now but i cant boost because of the tunning problem i dont have it tuned and no where to tune it...

with 440cc injectors im sure its being flooded i messed with the emanage a bit to get it to idle but its still rough.

im going to run down to the parts store and price out a 2 bar map for the sunbird turbo

im also about to go buy a parts lanos for 200$, thats if they sell it to me.. (bad head)
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

FMU was for stock injectors

but now that i am getting the 450 i will use a fuel controler

i prefer the TurboXS DTEC-FC

would the SRT-4 2bar map sensor work ? i can get one eassy :)
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

pontiacjeff wrote: Ideally, someone (like me) would go into the Daewoo pcm and disassemble the code so I/we can tune them for all these variables.
I have a spare Leganza ECU (Delco) lying around.... do you want it to fool around with ??
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

DomWoo wrote:the car runs and drives right now but i cant boost because of the tunning problem i dont have it tuned and no where to tune it...
Come up to Edmonton.... I'm sure we could get it sorted out over a weekend
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5881&hl=en

same vid thats in the picture and vids forum
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

nice, now get it boosting :badgrin:
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

ordered my 2 bar map and will pick it up tomorrow

one other thing for people using Emanage, when i first bought the unit i remember reading an artical on how to use a 2 bar GM map sensor on the unit instead of buying the $150 setup that greddy makes

basicly... the emanage sensor is the same as the GM sensor

this is how you connect it

in my case i am just going to splice into the factory map sensor and use it for both ecu and the emanage unit

pictures ot come.. batteries in camera died
Last edited by DomWoo on Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

another little trick..

when buying just the basic model of the emanage, it comes with a primary harness and not the extra hanesses needed.. but the primary harness comes with a few extra wires that connect to V tech and other functions that the daewoo desnt use..

you can take those wires out of the plastic connector and by reading the instructions you can place them in the correct spot for the injector harness, you will not have enough wires to complete the injector harness so this little trick will help, the connector for the daewoo radeo uses the exact same pins as the emanage connector, infact its the same connector. cut the connector off the stereo wire loom with enough wire to soilder on a longer wire, next is to remove enough pins to finish the job on the injector harness, or you can spend 30 to 40$ on a harness that is actually only 6 wires

now for the ignition harness... it is completely different connector and is different shape and size, someone with good drimel tool skills could modify the stock radeo harness to fit and use the left over pins because it is close to the same disign as the primary connector, this i havnt tried.. i havnt even tried to mess with the ignition harness because i have the MSD box but i am thinking of installing it anyways to monitor all maps. this might be easier to buy but cost around $40

this is just a heads up on how to save some money when going wit hthe Emanage setup
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

DomWoo wrote:another little trick..

when buying just the basic model of the emanage, it comes with a primary harness and not the extra hanesses needed.. but the primary harness comes with a few extra wires that connect to V tech and other functions that the daewoo desnt use..

you can take those wires out of the plastic connector and by reading the instructions you can place them in the correct spot for the injector harness, you will not have enough wires to complete the injector harness so this little trick will help, the connector for the daewoo radeo uses the exact same pins as the emanage connector, infact its the same connector. cut the connector off the stereo wire loom with enough wire to soilder on a longer wire, next is to remove enough pins to finish the job on the injector harness, or you can spend 30 to 40$ on a harness that is actually only 6 wires

now for the ignition harness... it is completely different connector and is different shape and size, someone with good drimel tool skills could modify the stock radeo harness to fit and use the left over pins because it is close to the same disign as the primary connector, this i havnt tried.. i havnt even tried to mess with the ignition harness because i have the MSD box but i am thinking of installing it anyways to monitor all maps. this might be easier to buy but cost around $40

this is just a heads up on how to save some money when going wit hthe Emanage setup

Great info man. Also thanks for the emanage to 2bar map sensor diagram, I plan to use the emange for my turbo setup if I ever get it finished.
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

great info, I am going with e-manage too (I just bought it a few montch ago) but from which car is the 2 bar map sensor from?

The MAP sensor connector will need to be changed and a 2-bar from a 87-90 turbo Sunbird installed.
it this it?? I quess that yes.

Or from which other car can I buy?
T18SED Engine.

DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

2-bar from a 87-90 turbo Sunbird installed is correct.. it cost 50$ at the local parts store or you can prolly find it online for around 25$ the connector should be the same.. almost all mapsensor connectors are

the connnector that goes into the emanage is a computer fan 3 pin connector and i filed it down to make it fit in the hole.. it doesnt clip in there but it stays pretty good