Domwoo's turbo project (got some new goodeis!!!! ) page 7

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

u can a wideband AFR meter from NGK, Innovate, AEM and other brands
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Hey, I'm building a 1.6 liter turbo and wondered if you'd help me out...I want to make it drivable for a little bit before I get it tuned since it is my only car at the moment...How did you get it to run before tuning it? Would leaving the wastegate open all the time work?

Thanks

Jimmy
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

if it is your daily driver i dont suggest doing a home made turbo kit until you have another car to drive.. like pick up a $100 junker unless you can afford to have days of down time because there will be days where you wont be able to drive your car for a while... and if you do put it all together and dont boost.. just dont hook up the charge pipe. then you wont need to get it tuned
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

thanks...I called my mom and she said I could come and get the truck if I need something to drive for a couple days so down time is ok. I am going to get something else to drive though...I'm actually looking at those funny little moped things cause they get like eighty miles to the gallon.

Thanks

Jimmy
shapinoweno

Post by shapinoweno »

hey domwoo, it has been a while since you gave us an update. are you driving the car? i am following your posts closley and have been trying to plan out my turbo aveo project, i will be starting this summer. so i am wondering more about what you are doing with tuning. i am wondering if i boost 3-4 psi will the stock ecu, injecters, and furl pump be able to handle this? some cat on here said his safc either makes itrun to rich or to lean, do you think i would be about to boost something small like 3psi and run it a lil rich to be on the safe side? any info would be great.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i have drivin the car a bit.. somethings not right thought.. went through 5 gallons of gas like nothing... i still havnt tuned it with a dyno.. i am going to get a wideband here shortly when i get my bonus check

if you want to run low boost just get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator with a disk 10/1 ratio .. i think that will do good
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

So, what's up with the car? You seem to be selling alot of stuff? Did something happen I missed? I want to see what these little 1.6 liter motors can do...

Jimmy
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

car ran good.. not tuned.. but was fun to drive.. i dont have a dyno near and i had an auto trany.. trany started slipping with all the extra power. i dont know how much extra power it was but it felt like double the power at 7 psi

if you have a dyno near. and a 5 spd gear box i would go for it... and have fun because these little 1.6 motors got some kick..

im selling parts because im going with a standalone engine management system with a function called auto tune. might help tune the car alittle better.. with out the dyno.. see how i have the lack of one near by

and then soon i will have a 2.0 c20get to swap in and hopefully a manual trany as well.. pushing (i hope) 200 WHP