1.5L Lanos Turbo Charge/Intercooler piping - New PICTURES!

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

where did you get the custom peice of plastic that holds all of the gauges made? I really like that.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Looks like an Optra from that angle. Looks very good.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
octuning
Junior

Post by octuning »

I have in my car a triple gauge pod whit oil pressure, volts and vacuum (were before was the air/fuel) but i'm thinking of get it to work again, my problem is that sometimes it as some weard layouts. For exemple, if i'm going at 5th at the same speed, the leds stay black, if i touch the accelarator they go to rich and then forward to desapear again. At night when i turn the lights on the leds go forward a little. Somethings wrong.
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

delphis wrote:where did you get the custom peice of plastic that holds all of the gauges made? I really like that.

well i was lookin for a Autometer uni pod but didnt find the one i wanted at the stop i got mine from and didnt wanna wait another week so i got a 94 honda civic one and just custom made it to fit lol cut some pices off :cry:
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

If you send me the vids I will host them my email is slammed@gmail.com also you can use www.yousendit.com send it to yourself and post the link for all to use

mmamdouh wrote:i will send you the 0-100 file... the other file is 2.5 MB and i will have to send it from work... i got dialup at home :evil:

also i will see if their are other intresting files and i will send them over.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Slammed wrote:If you send me the vids I will host them my email is slammed@gmail.com also you can use www.yousendit.com send it to yourself and post the link for all to use

mmamdouh wrote:i will send you the 0-100 file... the other file is 2.5 MB and i will have to send it from work... i got dialup at home :evil:

MMamdouh
files sent.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Ok when it is all done Transfering you guys can goto www.standalonecustoms.com then click on Videos enjoy

should be done with in 1 hour of this post
mmamdouh wrote:
Slammed wrote:If you send me the vids I will host them my email is slammed@gmail.com also you can use www.yousendit.com send it to yourself and post the link for all to use

MMamdouh
files sent.

MMamdouh
Roadrunner 16V

Post by Roadrunner 16V »

My lines consist only of Samco hoses. The silicone hoses isolate better than the steel tubes against the heat in the engine compartment.

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Roadrunner 16V wrote:My lines consist only of Samco hoses. The silicone hoses isolate better than the steel tubes against the heat in the engine compartment.
WOW you got a 4x4 Vectra?? tell us more about that please

MMamdouh
Roadrunner 16V

Post by Roadrunner 16V »

Ok one. It is an OPEL Vectra turbo of 1993. I bought it from a friend.
Last year had I a Astra F with C20let engine, f28 gearbox with differential lock and 300hp. best time on the 1/4-mile were 13.3 seconds.
There one when starting too much time loses oneself has I decided an all wheel car to build.

The engine was completely overhauled. Steel pleul, specially forging pistons for less compression, 4kg facilitated crankshaft, 2 Z20LET cylinder head gaskets, specially cam shafts.

There are photos here http://www.pixum.de/viewalbum/?id=1541873

www.dsop.net

The transmission is a F20 4x4 with F18 course wheel set. The all wheel transfer case was converted by Visco clutch on lamella slip clutch. the distribution of load I know from 100:0 to 50:50 with steplessly drive to adjust. the transmissions built of www.gema-motorsport.de

The Vectra was completely facilitated. It is to weigh only 1000kg with all-wheel drive. light makrolon disks are used.

the intercooler is from the AUDI RS2. The compressor side of the turbocharger was changed by k24 on k26.

this year is still another one year to becomes acquainted with and around the car to learn. I will begin with approx. 310hp, an update on 360hp am still this year to take place with it to become then up that 1/4-mile deep 12 seconds times to be possible.

photos of vectra there are here http://www.pixum.de/viewalbum/?id=1522387
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Im hopefully going for a dyno run tomorrow! I'll post figures after that.

I found that the A15SMS 1.5L SOHC in the Lanos is claimed to make 63kW of power at 5400 rpm and 130 Nm of torque at 3400 rpm.

Assuming a pretty standard-ish 30% loss thru the drivetrain i'd probably be estimating 44kW and 91Nm at the wheels stock. Interesting to see what it'll post tomorrow :)

The turbo has been on now for about 8 weeks. I cant fault it even a little bit! Car still runs all sweet (different idle with bigger injectors), no pinging, no problems and this is all without changing the ECU!

Best 0-100 (0-62) time ive been able to pull so far is 7.9 seconds.

--Tim
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i don't remeber the Kw and Nm numbers for that engine but it is 86 HP and some 13.6 Kgm/sec2 and 12.5 sec for 0-100 Km/h and a top speed of 172 Km/h... lets see a turboed 1.5 Woo can do now.

MMamdouh
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

The results are in!

Best run - 86hp @ the wheels (nice :)), 390Nm of torque :twisted: !!!!!
Avg run - 74hp @ the wheels and 321Nm of torque.

It started to lean out with too much ignition real high in the rev range.

They said that with an aftermarket computer i could double the horsepower again and double to tripple the torque again! Crazy stuff!!!

Im pleased. Its REAL fun to drive, and i dont take it over 5000rpm anways so...

With the RRFPR the power wasnt smooth and there is a dip in the middle of the rev range but its all good.

I'll scan in the graph later.

--Tim
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

ubuyau wrote:The results are in!

Best run - 86hp @ the wheels (nice :)), 390Nm of torque :twisted: !!!!!
Avg run - 74hp @ the wheels and 321Nm of torque.

It started to lean out with too much ignition real high in the rev range.

They said that with an aftermarket computer i could double the horsepower again and double to tripple the torque again! Crazy stuff!!!

Im pleased. Its REAL fun to drive, and i dont take it over 5000rpm anways so...

With the RRFPR the power wasnt smooth and there is a dip in the middle of the rev range but its all good.

I'll scan in the graph later.

--Tim
Hmm... 86hp @ the wheels sounds pretty slow. What psi are you running? I was thinking you'd have more like 140hp at the wheels.
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

I only have the 1.5L remember - and these figures are at the wheels...

6psi...

Standard (at wheels) = 44kW and 91Nm, 0-100 in 12.5 seconds
Boosted (at wheels) = 64kW (86hp) and 390Nm, 0-100 in 7.9seconds
Improvement = 45.45% more kW and 328.57% more Nm, and 36% quicker 0-100

And for such a relatively small outlay - im extremely happy.

I was more after the torque - not outright power. I cant use outright power on the street. The torque is what makes my driving/stop lights fun! If i was going to put the car down the quater mile or race it then id consider going the computer and extracting more power, but right now the car is perfectly suited to how i drive and for what i want to use it for.

--Tim