1.5L Lanos Turbo Charge/Intercooler piping - New PICTURES!

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

my buddy put a safc on his talon and turned the fuel up and it did some really strange things to his car.. made it rev at like 2k all the time and revs would jump all over the place.. he doesnt use it to adjust anything any more.. now he just uses it to monitor because he couldnt tune with it
gtwoo'd

Post by gtwoo'd »

Change of plan, my tecki told me that the safc is only suitable for NA cars and wouldn't be able to install it, but instead for me to install a microtech LT8s system. So i will go with that, even though its 2.5 times the price of the safc.

Im going to run 6psi boost for now, see what happens in the future. The injectors i have are 44lb and was told because im going with the microtech i shouldn't need a fuel regulator, but to be safe i have it ready to be installed if needed.
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Microtech is a wise decision for the money - full fuel and timing control. Its what ive been considering for the past few months - there should be a decent whack of horses to gain from timing control and better fuel management...

6psi is a good start - ive had enough self control to keep it at that, its a very useable streetable power increase - i believe the engine with stock internals will handle quite a bit more boost totally reliabaly.

Something ive been sitting on for a while but due to time constraints havent researched fully (so apologies for bringing it up without knowing the all the facts) is the Haltech E6GMX.
http://www.haltech.com/e6gmx.htm
http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/default.htm

It works for JE Camira + N13 Pulsars + earlier Commodores which is the basis for the 1.5 SOHC engine - and its looks like a plugin replacement ECU!
It's for Delco ECUs and it looks like we have Delco's... http://www.atpelectronics.co.uk/Catalogue/daewoo.htm

<EDIT>
Oh my!! It mentions Daewoo!!! :shock:
http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_inf ... etail=true
</EDIT>

Fully programmable too! 3 bar MAP sensor, boost control solenoid and some dyno time then you'd be set!

Only thing i can see is from VERY brief research is that the A15SMS is distributorless ignition where the Camira has a distributor so im not sure if it'll work (havent looked at the Commodores yet).

I'll email them once we I do a bit more research... unless someone shoots me down in a ball of flames :roll:

--Tim
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

WOW that is great news I can't wait to read what you found out ;)

ubuyau wrote:Microtech is a wise decision for the money - full fuel and timing control. Its what ive been considering for the past few months - there should be a decent whack of horses to gain from timing control and better fuel management...

6psi is a good start - ive had enough self control to keep it at that, its a very useable streetable power increase - i believe the engine with stock internals will handle quite a bit more boost totally reliabaly.

Something ive been sitting on for a while but due to time constraints havent researched fully (so apologies for bringing it up without knowing the all the facts) is the Haltech E6GMX.
http://www.haltech.com/e6gmx.htm
http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/default.htm

It works for JE Camira + N13 Pulsars + earlier Commodores which is the basis for the 1.5 SOHC engine - and its looks like a plugin replacement ECU!
It's for Delco ECUs and it looks like we have Delco's... http://www.atpelectronics.co.uk/Catalogue/daewoo.htm

<EDIT>
Oh my!! It mentions Daewoo!!! :shock:
http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_inf ... etail=true
</EDIT>

Fully programmable too! 3 bar MAP sensor, boost control solenoid and some dyno time then you'd be set!

Only thing i can see is from VERY brief research is that the A15SMS is distributorless ignition where the Camira has a distributor so im not sure if it'll work (havent looked at the Commodores yet).

I'll email them once we I do a bit more research... unless someone shoots me down in a ball of flames :roll:

--Tim
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

the new gready emanage ultimate is absolutly nutz.. it does self tuning and monitors everything!!!!!! i would say its the best piggy back system yet.. but at 500$ is kinda pricy, if i was to get another piggy back unit i would upgrade to it because i am very saticfied with my emanage i have now
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Which one are you using now??

and does this mean you took out your factory ECU?
DomWoo wrote:the new gready emanage ultimate is absolutly nutz.. it does self tuning and monitors everything!!!!!! i would say its the best piggy back system yet.. but at 500$ is kinda pricy, if i was to get another piggy back unit i would upgrade to it because i am very saticfied with my emanage i have now
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

piggy back is a addon to the factory ecu and.. i got the regular blue Emanage which is a really decent unit for about 250$ but doesnt do nearly as much as the emanage ultimate which is 500$

i think the coolest feature would have to be the auto tuning.. when you have all the correct sensors it can save you dyno time by self tuning the car to the level where only fine adjustments need to be made
gtwoo'd

Post by gtwoo'd »

Thanks for the information ubuyau, I will have to see how i go.
Microtech is a wise decision for the money - full fuel and timing control. Its what ive been considering for the past few months - there should be a decent whack of horses to gain from timing control and better fuel management...
What boost could our lanos handle with stock internals?
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

gtwoo'd wrote:Thanks for the information ubuyau, I will have to see how i go.

What boost could our lanos handle with stock internals?
No problems. I've emailed Haltech and got an ECU Pinout of the Haltech, just need to reference that against the Lanos ECU. Its a 2 plug ECU so that means no luck for the 1.6 DOHC crowd.

The engine doesnt feel like its being pushed at 6psi. I guess it comes down to tuning, how much the rods can handle before they snap and the general state of the engine? No one has really pushed a 1.5 SOHC engine yet. You can be a pioneer :)

--Tim
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Checked our electrical wiring PDF and the pinnout doesnt match the E6GMX :(

I'll have to keep looking for a new ECU.

Im impressed with the eManage Ultimate - auto tuning sounds great! I knew the likes of Motec, etc had autotuning but they were a little overkill for my little project...

--Tim
mr_g
Expert

Re: 1.5L Lanos Turbo Charge/Intercooler piping - New PICTURES!

Post by mr_g »

VEMS is the biggest bang for a buck!

It's side by side with motec, vipec, autronic, etc, with a 10% of their price..

www.vems.hu

With great features, starting at 300$ price! Features like WBO2 controller, 16 cilinder engine up to 18000rpm, with 8 wasted sparks, launch control, boost control, boost control over/based on vehicle speed, EGT controler, knock sensor support, full sequential algorithm up to 8 cylinders with 8 sparks, support for ion sensing, CDI ignition, NOS controller, water injection controller, traction control support, flat shifting, antilag system, 2 configuration on switch, bifuel support, injector staging, big injector support, PWM lowZ injector support, support for any kind of sensors existing on market, and it's still developing, so if you have any problem or idea, it could be integrated inside...

Support for tables up to 16x14, for fuel maps, iginition maps, lambda target maps, boost maps, cold enrichment maps, etc...

It's a nightmare to configure all of those features, but it's pro ECU for a little bucks!

Nice alternative is MS, but VEMS is a few light years ahead and will have anything you would ever desire...