My 1.4 Lanos

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

muaythaikid

My 1.4 Lanos

Post by muaythaikid »

Well this is my 1.4s SOHC lanos not alot of modifications done to it at moment but will be more as time goes on.

I got the car for free and it was idle for about 9 months broken fuel pump was the only problem so was a relatively easy fix, turns out was also a misfire in cylinder 2 turned out to be bad sprak plug lead and a gap between the spark plug in chamber that air leaked.

This is what it was like when I first got it.

Front.

Side.

Rear.

First few mods,

Sprayed front grille black, sprayed lights and sprayed the front bumper silver to try match the car color so it doesn't look so tacky, added tacho and removed license plate holder.

Rear de-badged.

Interior

Sprayed various parts blue and black im gonna go with the blue and black theme for the whole car, eventually painting the car black, think black looks nicest on lanos of all other colours, also painted the door panel black instead of the horrible grey colour.

Then got some blue/black seat covers really changed the look of things.

Added some HID fog lights and hid effect bulbs.

At night.

Got a nice pair of wolfrace alloys. 17'' big difference compared to standard 13'' alloys, cars looking a bit high now so definitely car to be lowered in future any advice on how much would be safe to avoid arch rubbing?

Recently got an induction kit pics of that to follow.

Plenty more updates to come!

-Robbie
1349cc 3dr Lanos S silver

Preparing for x20xev conversion
benzino
Expert

Re: My 1.4 Lanos

Post by benzino »

I'm guessing the 17" wheels are +40? if so, you will probably rub now at the back if you hit a big bump

if you lower it on those wheels, you will definitely need to get the rear arches rolled
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Rodd1s
Expert

Re: My 1.4 Lanos

Post by Rodd1s »

I just noticed the "gather turbo parts" in your signature... I still have a few bits laying about if you're interested in buying anything.

And those little 8v lumps are good for turbo conversions as long as the clutch don't die... had mine boosting between 10 and 15 psi (dodgey wastegate) and it was running fine.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.