Hello to all

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

merbi

Hello to all

Post by merbi »

Hi, After many days of refurbishing my Espero i got satisfactory results.
This is my second hand 1998 Daewoo Espero CD 2.0l MPI Manual 5-speed gearbox.
141000km on the taho.

-Engine idle RPM not working properly - SOLVED - Cleaned the TPC and IAC sensors. Recalibrating the distributor cap
-Engine overheating - SOLVED - DO NOT put water in your engine cooling system, it will corrode the engine bloc. Water cannot maintain engine working temperature and will freeze in temperatures below 0c. Put antifreeze red or blue doesn't matter if you had water, just clean your system before pouring the antifreeze.
-Engine ECM refresh - Connected to a computer and refreshed the software, I've done this in the local Daewoo service.
-Power windows operating slowly - SOLVED -Opened the door interior, cleaned and re greased the window mechanisms. Use only industrial grease for geared components not oil.
-New winter tires. the old ones where so pathetic and used.
-Spark suppression cables changed.
-Sparks changed - NGK

I've got consumption of 11,2l -100km city and 8,5l -100km on the freeway. Compared to the old numbers: 15l city and 12l freeway.

Next step, double exhaust. since this model of Espero has single tube exhaust, I have to figure out how to separate the tube diameter and to make the curves under the car so the system doesn't back-blow;
Antenna change. The antenna hit something and now doesn't come down fully.
Attachments
Picture 007a.jpg
(216.19 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Mzspd6

Re: Hello to all

Post by Mzspd6 »

why would you want to run them separate? could you not just run one larger diameter tube?