Project Sleeper Woo build w/pics 56k Beware

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

projectsleeperwoo

Project Sleeper Woo build w/pics 56k Beware

Post by projectsleeperwoo »

Hello,
Name's Justin, I an currently stationed in Korea and I picked up a 1997 Daewoo Leganza, C18SED engine, 5 speed, completely stock.

Next thing to do is to paint the grille.
benzino
Expert

Re: Project Sleeper Woo build w/pics 56k Beware

Post by benzino »

1.8l leganza with rear drum brakes? wtf?

that must feel fairly gutless being such a heavy car

it's good to see what's happening in korea anyway :D i'd love to live there ^_^ endless supply of kim chi and bi bim bap

would you mind trying to get some pictures of modified daewoos over there? it would be great to see :D
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
projectsleeperwoo

Living in Korea is fun, food is great! As for the brakes I didn't think it was too odd to have drums in the rear but yes I can tell a difference in the braking compared to an all wheel disk brake system, I just learned to start braking early and downshift is deffenitly my friend. My buddy back in the states is currently working on a turbo manifold for it and I plan on using a stock WRX turbo running at aroung 6 lbs. of boost. Not sure of the strength of the internals but I dont think 6 lbs. would be too hard on it. Also I havent really seen many modified Daewoos around, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough but it seems all I see are modified Genesis coupes and Tiburons. And of course your occasional Ferrari or Lamborghini. Theres a car show comming up on the 7th of this month so I'll see if i can get some pics.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

sounds awesome :)

do you think 6psi is enough, lol?
once you have that you will want 14 then 22 lol
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
projectsleeperwoo

yea like I said I don't know much about the internals in this engine, I can't really find any specs on it. Most of the links I found on this forum either dont have my engine or they don't work anymore. I'd like to find out more on this engine before I up the boost too much. 6 psi should be good for now on a completely stock engine without tuning. I might go more after I see what the ARF's are on the wideband.
projectsleeperwoo

Blacked out the grille

Had a Momo wheel laying around

DDRaptor

Post by DDRaptor »

Hey I"m stationed in south korea too. Where are you getting your parts at? I have a nubira 98' trying to ship it back home. I know there are junkyards in Seoul that have engines. Do you where any of these places are.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

hmmm... no offence, but what part of this car makes it a "sleeper" with no (stated) performance enhancements lugging all that weight around?
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.