Equivilant Models

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MIM

Equivilant Models

Post by MIM »

Hi everyone,

I have a 1996 Ceilo GLX (GTX) DOHC Australian model, which is currently sitting in my carport with its pistons out waiting for a cylinder inspection by the engine refab expert.

I am looking for just about any info I can on the car, abd while I find some, there is more about other models.

What I am wondering, what other models, American, British, Spanish, whaterver are the equivilant to the Ceilo in Australia.

Any help most appreciated.

Mike of Aus.
Mike

Cielo GTX 1.6 DOHC 1996
Daniel
Expert

Re: Equivilant Models

Post by Daniel »

Hi,

Maybe the history of Daewoo will tell you something? http://www.cars-directory.net/history/daewoo/ . Otherwise what do you need? Tech infos, parts,...?

Daniel
MIM

Post by MIM »

Thanks Daniel, I will have a look at the site.

I am not looking for anything specific at this stage but things like, the EMC error codes and their meaning would be good, a workshop manual would be great.

I figure If I am going to all the trouble to do up the engine, I might as well do a lot more of the work myself, I have in the past always had it serviced at either the dealer or the local Repco Service Garage.

But now having got to removing the pistons with bascially only the internet to help I thought well once it's back on the road why not do what I can. It has cost me Just over $250 australian for a new head gasket kit, have the head shaved and the valves tested so onwards and upwards.

I have full workshop details from a european sit for a 2005 Nubira while it's a simial engine its almost 10 years later than the Ceilo and there are subtle but important differences I would imagine.

So to cut tothe chase, can't really narrow it down for now but as I do stuf I will no dout need stuff.

Again many thanks.

Mike
Mike

Cielo GTX 1.6 DOHC 1996
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

I got on the web a Cielo service manual I can share but it's in polish language and concern the 1.5 SOHC engine. You may also try a Google search for "Nexia service manual" since both cars share the same 1.5DOHC engine. Or look in our http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =21&t=5085 ;) .

BTW I am intrigued by your signature "Cielo GTX 1.6 DOHC 1996" ! I believed only the 1.5 was fitted on Cielo.