Project WOOSAABi ...big pictures inside

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Re: Project WOOSAABi ...big pictures inside

Post by Rodd1s »

buddha102 wrote:great job gse_turbo! Im wondering, can u drop a civic engine in a lanos? ;)
why would you want to do that? goes against the rules of owning a daewoo. lol
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Rodd1s wrote:
buddha102 wrote:great job gse_turbo! Im wondering, can u drop a civic engine in a lanos? ;)

haha, yeah, I'd have to second that!

Really though, you can put anything you can think of in any car, it's just a matter of what you are willing to spend.

in all honesty, there are more motors available with "OUR" transmission bolt pattern than all the motors that honda has ever made. if there is a goal you are looking to achieve there is and Opel, Daewoo, Saab or Isuzu designed motor that will do the job.
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Really though, you can put anything you can think of in any car, it's just a matter of what you are willing to spend.
True, true...
what about dropin' a daewoo engine into honda? lol :roll:

Waiting for more pics! ;)
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

here are some more pics of the header, I still need to take pics with the EGR system in place, the O2 bung and V-band flange welded on.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImage

Cheers!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

looks great garrett. thats odd that you hadto swap the CEL and oil pressure light wires. i have the euro tach cluster and it was a %100 plug and play, no swapping wires.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

daewoomofo wrote:looks great garrett. thats odd that you hadto swap the CEL and oil pressure light wires. i have the euro tach cluster and it was a %100 plug and play, no swapping wires.
my guess is it would depend where it came from. mine came from the UK (right hand drive) I imagine that if it came from Germany or somewhere in Europe that is left hand drive it would have been fine.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

well, I suppose I'll post a couple current pics since the car should be taking on some pretty big chages soon.

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Looking good!
So what's been done and what's next?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

hhhmmm. good question! I was looking over the other pages and I guess not much since last year about this time.

-I've had an intermitant flashing CEL since I put this engine in. So, I've been changing out parts and trying to pin down what it might be. I've basically been slowly putting it back to stock and still no differance. I've gone back and forth with the header, stock manifold, 2.5" exhaust (which is way too big for a 1.6) and the stock exhaust and no differance.

-Now, I'm getting things in order for a 2.0 swap. I built the wiring harness and I have a bone stock Nubira motor to drop in I just have to finish a new motor mout conversion I'm working on. the next three weeks are going to be jam packed so I wont be able to get it in til after that.
-I've also sorted out everything I'll need for the Saab suspension conversion so once I have a set of wheels to throw on for the time being I'll get all that done. I think I'll try to get in a braking distance test of before and after show what gain there is if any.

thats about it for now
armykyle1

Post by armykyle1 »

great build man. car looks good. Alot of informative stuff here. Keep up the work man!

I've got a few mods on my nubi. shaved, rebuilt head, CAI. I'm playing with the exhaust now. I got rid of the second cat and resanator, muffler. Put a 24" (cherry bomb style) Its honestly too loud lol. But it sounds good amazingly. performance doesn't seem to be off, and economy is still about the same. I'm trying to figure out what to use to quite it down with out going silent.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

well I guess Im over due for an update. so much has changed since July 2011 that I don't really know where to start.

MOTOR:
In that time I swapped in a 2.0 from a Nubira. I came up with a motor mount system that let me keep A/C and Power steering. the mount worked out great but didn't look as good as I wanted. I drove the car that way for a long time and then the timing belt snapped and I couldn't afford to rebuild the motor at the time. Out came the 2.0, the custom mount, which was welded in, and the 1.6 and standard motor mount bracket was welded back on.

BODY:
Simple mods were made with a front lip from a 99 Civic SI, black vinyl hood and headlight covers and aero hood pins

SUSPENSION:
Brakes and suspension from a Saab 900 were installed with virtually no modifications, even the park brake cable from the Lanos worked with the Saab (Vectra) rear brake caliper. I used KYB GR2 shocks and struts for the Lanos but I in retrospect I should have ordered Koni Adjustable for the Saab which would have fit the exact same. My H&R springs and upper strut mounts from the Lanos fit straight to the Saab Strut assembly even though they look quite different.

Im gonna try to catch up with pics but it will take some time to scale then and get them loaded. ...BUT, it will be for good cause because I have some new plans with the project and I cant just jump forward in time.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Hey I was going ask you to update this... seems like you beat me to it :)
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Here's the Nubira Motor going in...

The motor came straight from the nubira with all the accessories intact. The only mod was rearranging a couple sensor connectors from the 1.6 16v Lanos harness to match the 2.0 16v locations.

Image Image
Image Image

You'll have to forgive the surface rust on the motor mount and bracket. These were taken when the 2.0 was coming out. The motor had been in for about a year before it came back out. The next time the 2.0 goes back in I'll be doing it with the usual Lanos motor mount and everything will get a fresh coat of paint.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

looks like a nice mounting system
do I spy the nubira front mount too?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Yes sir, meaning the torque damper. I never actually got around to making that happen. I never felt the lower radiator support was strong enough to make it functional. At some point in this next swap I plan on making a pretty heavily customized lower radiator support any "K" member to make use of that setup.