Domwoo's turbo project (got some new goodeis!!!! ) page 7

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Downpipe looks solid! Do you already have the tubing (from intake mani to turbo etc)?
Looks awesome!
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

the down pipe is solid... like 3/8" wall thickness and its still a 2.5 opening :)

no i dont.. that comes next after i get the pipe for my radiator

should have everything but the o2 sensors put in after today

still need to buy 2 more things.. intercooler and boost controler

i figure the longer i can hold out on buying them the better ones i can get
Cliffke

Post by Cliffke »

something I wanna folow! And Maybe next year buying :) It don't look that complicated! :)
Greetz Cliffke
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

nothing is complicated.. its all about how much your willing to spend..

fired it up... YYAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!! damn she sounds good.. only have one little oil leak lol... now im off to get the hoses for my radiator..
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

WooHoo wrote:nothing is complicated.. its all about how much your willing to spend..

fired it up... YYAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!! damn she sounds good.. only have one little oil leak lol... now im off to get the hoses for my radiator..
NEED MORE PICS!
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

radaitor hoses look sweet as hell.. pics to come

next on the list is intake piping
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

i'm planning on using radiator piping for the twins :lol:

as in... use it for my charge pipes :twisted:
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

that might not be strong enought.. i was thinking for temp use only... they have a nice heavy duty somewhat fexable hose at home depot that coudl be used

just installed trany cooler and now i need to go pick up the hoses for that..
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

for the twins they won't be a problem. radiator pipe is rated for 20psi :D . there is a local forum that a guy with a k20 honda engine is using them. they look very sleeperish :twisted:
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

they expand some so you will be working your turbo slightly out of efficency. try buying straight exhaust pipes and use the hose as joints till you have enough for aluminum.
got drift?
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Hi!

Yesterday Woohoo told me that the car is up and running... and boosting :D

Soon he will be posting the details...

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Looks good... I hope it works out well for you.

Just remember to take it easy... especially if you haven't gone to a dyno shop to check the Air/fuel ratio curve.

I personally wouldn't boost it until I had a chance to get some tuning time.

Even 4psi could be catastrophic with high compression pistons and no air fuel tuning.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything... I'd just hate to see something happen to your engine in the first few days of driving it around.

By the way.... are you going to fill in that hole in front of the turbo with sheet metal??

Cool air is good most of the time but in a turbo application you probably don't want direct air flowing onto the manifold and turbo.... it will cool the exhaust before it gets to the turbine and you will loose a little bit of exhaust pressure.

Personally...... if it were me.... I'd get some high temp thermal wrap and cover the entire manifold.... and I'd probably install a mesh in that hole... this way there is some cool air but it's not a "direct path" and the thermal wrap would help keep the exhaust from being cooled by the incoming air.

Given you want it to be a show car the wrap would look bad..... but at the very least put in some fine mesh in front to difuse the air a little.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote: By the way.... are you going to fill in that hole in front of the turbo with sheet metal??

Cool air is good most of the time but in a turbo application you probably don't want direct air flowing onto the manifold and turbo.... it will cool the exhaust before it gets to the turbine and you will loose a little bit of exhaust pressure.

Personally...... if it were me.... I'd get some high temp thermal wrap and cover the entire manifold.... and I'd probably install a mesh in that hole... this way there is some cool air but it's not a "direct path" and the thermal wrap would help keep the exhaust from being cooled by the incoming air.

Given you want it to be a show car the wrap would look bad..... but at the very least put in some fine mesh in front to difuse the air a little.

dont have time to say much... i bought a EGT setup yesterday and for the big hole.. i was thinking about an intercooler there.. i have one that might just fit.. until i get a new bumper that will hold a nice big one.. the one i got wil have to do

the car sounds sweet as hell!!! the boost and the BOV man.. ITS A BEAST

only drove it about 1/2 mile so far lol
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor) is a really important piece of equipment most people will overlook when setting up a turbo.... I'm glad you decided to put one in.... it should help you tune the engine safely.

If I ever get my home computer up and running I will calculate the optimum intercooler size for you "mass air flow".... you might find that the perfect intercooler fits that hole just perfect.

Lots of guys go crazy and get a huge intercooler..... which ends up hurting you more than helping you.

You need to match the air flowing through it to the size.... or your intercooler will end up killing off some of your boost.

Most people don't realize that there is a pressure drop as you go accross an intercooler..... if you go bigger than the "optimal" size you will actually find an increase in pressure drop.... which makes it a less efficent engine and results in a loss of horsepower.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

If it weren't for the fact that it will be snowing here soon :shock: I'd say that you should drive up on low boost and we could tune it up here on the dyno with a wideband O2 sensor.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos