"Kinkyllama Edition" suzuki forenza UPDATED 2-14-0

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the worse part of spraying it yourself is the water you spray with the paint. a filter is ok but for what it's worth you would need a line dryer also.

garrett
boosted_to_zero

Post by boosted_to_zero »

freaking hot dude!!!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I've allways wondered what black would look like if you went over the entire vehicle with glass or plastic bead blasting.

If it was done from a distance it shouldn't be too hard to make a even pattern.

My thought is that it would remove the gloss from the clear coat and give it a neat texture.

I love the look of polished stainless and aluminum that has been treated to a very light sandblasting..... it keeps it from being shiny.... and it has a very "soft" look to it.... kinda like velvet

I don't know..... perhaps it's just me.... but I think it might look good.... I'm tempted to do some testing on one of my fenders (which is bent to hell from one of my "fun" nights out on the town.... about 10% of the paint has flaked off allready and it's starting to rust )
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

whats the stock WHP on it?

KDM 2.0 Nubira
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

gse_turbo wrote:rattle can isn't the way to go, do it professionally. what you need to do is go into a PPG paint supplier when there not busy and talk to them about flat paints but more about FLAT CLEARS. mostly so you know what's out there and you can see if your body shop knows what's out there and you don't get steamrolled.

being you car's black already you should be able to get a shop to scuff and respay the flat clear for cheap cheap, around $700 or less.

sorry you're not crose enough to colorado, i'd spray for cost of matterials (less then $150).

garrett

ps. ONLY USE PPG! there's a lot for good stuff out there but everything from PPG is catalized which means you'll get great life and protection from it.
$700 isn't too bad...I'm going to look into getting it professionally painted for sure. I recently spray painted my party/movie/hang-out room and it took forever and I wasn't paying any attention to quality so it's not something I have time for right now on my car.
chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:I've allways wondered what black would look like if you went over the entire vehicle with glass or plastic bead blasting.

If it was done from a distance it shouldn't be too hard to make a even pattern.

My thought is that it would remove the gloss from the clear coat and give it a neat texture.

I love the look of polished stainless and aluminum that has been treated to a very light sandblasting..... it keeps it from being shiny.... and it has a very "soft" look to it.... kinda like velvet

I don't know..... perhaps it's just me.... but I think it might look good.... I'm tempted to do some testing on one of my fenders (which is bent to hell from one of my "fun" nights out on the town.... about 10% of the paint has flaked off allready and it's starting to rust )
I love the look your talking about but it's not something I'd want. I have my heart set on black plus I've kinda always setup my car with that in mind so changing that's not something I'm willing to do. But i'd love to see you do it!

Dillon wrote:whats the stock WHP on it?
Never got mine dyno'd but I've seen 95-105whp. My cars making allot less whp than we expected...I think most of the reason is we tuned the engine managment to lean out the fuel mixture as much as possible cuz we installed the 100lbs/hr fuel pump and 44lbs/hr injectors and the MOST we could lean it out was around 12:1 and it wouldn't even run above about 4k rpms so when I got home from the shop I installed some nubi injects (couldnt put the stock ones in since we changed the plugs for the perofmrance injectors) and just took it to the dyno. My engine tuner took a quick look at the dyno and AFR and said he could get 10more whp out of it easy but I didn't wanna bother since I have to retune it once the turbos on.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

Do you still race it on the track or is it too low for regulation? At the tracks i race they are very strict about your clearance. If its too low either you cant race or have to race in another catagory.

KDM 2.0 Nubira
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Dillon wrote:Do you still race it on the track or is it too low for regulation? At the tracks i race they are very strict about your clearance. If its too low either you cant race or have to race in another catagory.
Nope. Not even in the race classes. If it was dragging on the ground that'd be another thing. I've seen one or two cars lower than mine as well but not too many on the track. Most of the cars that are lower than mine are because they have bodykits and you hardly see them at the track.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

yea or the ones you do see are missing the front bumper lol.

KDM 2.0 Nubira
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Dillon wrote:yea or the ones you do see are missing the front bumper lol.
lol... ahh, yeah mines coming off a bit on one sides its ripped up from something that was hiding under rain water. :roll:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I started thinking about it, I never hit 143mph, I hit 133mph...but since then I hit 137mph at close if not 6k rpms so theres no way it'd go any faster without bigger tires or higher gearing.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Well I'm putting off the turbo a bit...having a hard time fitting my intercooler in the stock bumper without rubbing holes in the a/c so I'm going to wait untill my next project is finished.

I'll be working with whiteraven to put this on my car:

I'm pretty excited...the plan will be buying the R34 front bumper for another car with similiar design and making it fit my car. I wanna close up the holes on the sides around the intercooler opening and mold the stock fogs into it, use a reno grill, reno projectors, and reno carbon fibre hood. Also I'm going to talk over about this more but would like to make the fenders up front 10mm wider so I can fit 235mm tires and am hoping to be able to fit 245mm tires with -2degrees of camber. I already know I can fit 235mm easy in the rear and might have to have different offset wheels to fit 245mm tires in the rear or just do extra fender work. I'm also putting on sideskirts, and would like to do something with the rear bumper...but something jsut more like a lip kit than a full body it to try to keep it open for air flow and make a cut-out for my monster turbo muffler to poke out of. I might deceide to do something like the picture and just mold the bumper up to the hood and have no grill but currently thats where my oil cooler is sitting and I want it to get good air flow.

Lots of picture will be taken and will likly update as it happens...you've all probably seen whiteraven and his buddys work so I'm expecting this to come out amazing.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Added a couple videos out on the track and some pictures! enjoy!
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

nice videos!
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

Removing all that audio equipment and the rear seats for track days whould give you a LOT of performance improvemente in acceleration, braking and corners.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Joso wrote:Removing all that audio equipment and the rear seats for track days whould give you a LOT of performance improvemente in acceleration, braking and corners.
Oh I do... I have to...I think. I've actually never tried to pass tech with them in though.

They're actually not too heavy...guessing 100lbs probably some more. I used baltic birthc instead of MDF which is a bit lighter.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport